FICM help

CLINT_FX4_TxBoy

New to the Dark Side
Ok since I need my truck back ASAP the price has been payed and my truck is being fixed but I cant leave it alone. The dealer said it was my FICM and it is costing me $800 in parts and about 400 in labor. Anyone have any feedback? I feel like im gettin screwed. Im thinkin possibly a International part would be cheaper and I was wonderin if anyone knew what the labor entailed on replacing this? Remember the truck is already being fixed I just feel like I need to know for my own reference and to know how bad Im prolly gettin screwed. Thanks fellas.

$400 labor sounds high to me for just replacing the FICM. Seems to me any decent tech could do that job in far less than 2 hrs. As far as the price of the FICM itself, $800 sounds a tad high as well. If I had to replace mine I would probably look into a used one.

You can swap out the FICM in 20 minutes. A used FICM can be had for half the price of new, possibly less. We may have a spare FICM in stock.

well guys I really appreciate the help I just had to justify what was being done. I assumed this was the case but being without a vehicle at school with little knowledge about my truck no tools, there was not much i could do. Next time I know.

Yeah i bought it used w/ 135000 mi.

Its all payed for and fixed now. Truck seems a bit quicker and torquier with the new stock FICM. Could a bad FICM cause loss of power?

Back