Filter question

TravisG

#THEREALLAVONMILLER
I had to get a replacement filter for my fass 150 on my 02 this weekend. The only one they had was a fleetguard hf6610 I think this is a 16 micron filter.

My question is will it work, and I don't want to start an argument but which is the best filter to run? I am guessing one with the smallest micron rating right?

We dont offer anything over 10um in our line up of filters. I would use the time to contact a FASS dealer and see about getting our of our FF-1010 (10um) or FF-1003 (3um) filters. We currently have them on sale.

The ISB's are more resilient as far as particulates (Unlike the common rails). BUT what you have is what i call a "In a pinch" filter.

Dan, can I use the 3 micron filter in the winter, or is it too restrictive?
I am using it right now, but the pump sounds like it is "Sloshing", and pulling air...even with the tank right full. (It has been down to -40 hear already)
I may run the fuel return line from the engine, through the pump "H" ports and use it for heating up the pump a little bit. Kinda easy, since the line is already there, and the fuel is coming from the engine. (Hotter than the fuel getting to the pump from the tank)
I was thinking of picking up a 10 micron filter for the winter...

What exactly is a um? I am guessing that it is micron, but not sure.

I will look around and see if I can find a fass dealer with a filter.

I do have one suggestion though. On you website on the cross reference page for the 150. Maybe change it around to say (in a pinch) or maybe list them from best filtration to worst. I have it copied on to my phone and just go down the list when I am on the road and need a filter.

Thanks for the quick answer Dan. Hope you got to Tejas for the holidays.

What exactly is a um? I am guessing that it is micron, but not sure.

I will look around and see if I can find a fass dealer with a filter.

I do have one suggestion though. On you website on the cross reference page for the 150. Maybe change it around to say (in a pinch) or maybe list them from best filtration to worst. I have it copied on to my phone and just go down the list when I am on the road and need a filter.

Thanks for the quick answer Dan. Hope you got to Tejas for the holidays.

Yeah...i dont have much control as of what goes on the site...more or less im called on to translate when needed sometimes...haha...

BUT...yeah....got to Texas and just got back tonight....im charged with enough tex-mex to last me a few weeks! haha....Was a great visit...especally the 84*F yesterday!

Glad you got home for the holidays. I gotta get down and see my Mom and Dad soon. I picked up a hf 6601 and I will keep the 6604 for a backup just in case. Thanks for the response Dan.

Back