Filters?

WUnderwood

I cant get a straight answer.

Are the filters from the 95, 150, and 200 GPH FASS the same?

where can I get new filters for my FASS 200?

I call Napa, and give them FF1003, HF6604, and they can't cross the numbers with anything in their database.

I bought a new water separator from Napa, but I also need a fuel filter, with the smallest micron filtration possible.

Thanks

I cant get a straight answer.

Are the filters from the 95, 150, and 200 GPH FASS the same?

where can I get new filters for my FASS 200?

I call Napa, and give them FF1003, HF6604, and they can't cross the numbers with anything in their database.

I bought a new water separator from Napa, but I also need a fuel filter, with the smallest micron filtration possible.

Thanks

OK....well NAPA has Wix filters....these are OK in a pinch....i dont like them due to the paper elements they have. They dont last as long. IF YOU MUST use one.....get a 1202....its a 5um filter.

ALSO be careful with the water separator from NAPA....i have yet to see a good cross...the only thing they had was 10 micron water separator (3405). This will cause issue with the pump operation. Reason is due to the tight filteration. Our separators are 144um stainless screens. This is for restriction reasons. Go too tight and you start to cavitate. Check your number and i would suggest getting a FS-1023 or WS-1001 Separator.

I would suggest contacting a FASS dealer if time is not a consideration.

http://www.fassride.com/DealerLocator/tabid/59/Default.aspx

You will also save some cash in the process.....

Dan, what's the smallest micron filter rating necessary on a FASS 200 setup for the fuel filter side (not the water separator side)... on a p-pumped application...

Dan, what's the smallest micron filter rating necessary on a FASS 200 setup for the fuel filter side (not the water separator side)... on a p-pumped application...

I dont see why you couldnt run the 10um and be fine...but you can run the 3um if you want. Our FF-1003 is pretty much a HF-6604 filter that is rated for 35ish GPM.....notice GPM

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I was curious about the use of the HF filter..That's a hydrualic filter (as is the 1202 from Napa, of course). Was using the Hydro. filter necessary because of the larger thread size, or what was the thought behind using this filter? :confused:

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I was curious about the use of the HF filter..That's a hydrualic filter (as is the 1202 from Napa, of course). Was using the Hydro. filter necessary because of the larger thread size, or what was the thought behind using this filter? :confused:

Thicker Case, Higher Burst pressure, better efficiency at higher flow rates....and easier to procure. The media is the same as you would find in a fuel filter equivalent.

Back