Final drive ratios

redram

Just wandering what most guys are running for thier final drive ratios pulling?

Final drive ratio will change depending on where the motor makes power and how much power it makes. What class are you looking to run and what kind of power and what rpm does it make it at?

He's swinging a pretty big hammer. From what I saw I'd say it should be 1k+ in the hp dept.

ladies and gentlemen...redram...a man of few words!

Hope to be around 12.30s this year if I ever get my truck back together. Here is a pretty cool site to do your calculations on. It has all sorts of transmission/tcase combos listed already, and you can do a side by side comparisson if you are trying to decide between a couple of options.

Gear Ratio Calculator

Thanks Dan, I wasn't sure if I would be good there. Hope to have it to the track soon tho. I hope it works, if not option 2 was 13.9 and put the engine way up in the rpm range.

Thanks Dan, I wasn't sure if I would be good there. Hope to have it to the track soon tho. I hope it works, if not option 2 was 13.9 and put the engine way up in the rpm range.

If you think you have the torque, then you can drop the final. If you want to run rpm, then raise the final. All depends on the truck.

Back