Finally found a site that seems to fit!

m88tow

After observing for many months on this site and many others this seems to be a site that has many knowledgeable people involved in the diesel community. A little background on me is that I have been turning wrenches on anything with a motor since I was a kid. I then joined the US Army right out of high school as a 63E (later it turned into a 63A) which is a M1A1 tank systems mechanic. I served for a little more than 9 years before deciding that the deployments were taking a toll on my family and I chose to get out and continue my skills in the civilian life. I currently work as a diesel technician in a local shop to me and we specialize in anything diesel but always end up with a lot of 6.0L's to fix, not sure why :poke: My personal truck is a 2000 Dodge 2500 extended cab short box that started out life as a 360 gasser. I bought the truck with the sole intentions to put a Cummins in it. It now has a 12 valve Cummins out of a 1995 3500 in it with a 47re trans. The mods to the truck are 66mm silver bullet, three piece manifold, JL full cuts, JL 5x.018's, 4k gov. springs, valve springs, and a benched 12mm pump flowing 579cc's. I look forward to contributing to the community and helping out in any way that I can :Cheer:

Thanks for the replies, now off to go see what I can spend more money on before next season rolls around.

You know a guy named Andrew Burkes? He is an army Tank Mech. (I'm a Marine Corps Tanker BTW) Just thought I'd ask, considering how small the military realm is.

You know a guy named Andrew Burkes? He is an army Tank Mech. (I'm a Marine Corps Tanker BTW) Just thought I'd ask, considering how small the military realm is.

Never met him but your right the military is a really small community, especially in tanks. I have been out for nearly 4 years now. Nice to meet a Tanker that enjoys diesel trucks.

Back