Finally found one

Smokie Okie

I need input from all the fummins guys. I've been watching for the ford I want/can afford for some time. One has finally turned up.

The truck is a '95 crew 4x4 350 single wheel with a 7.3 turbo that has a bad hole. $2,500

My question to you guys is, are you happy with your end product? Was it worth your time, sweat, blood and money?

Are there any things to watch out for, or steer away from?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a Fummins, but I do own a '97 CCLB 4x4 Powestroke and the truck in my sig. I honestly don't see how it could not be worth the time money and effort into getting this done. The OBS trucks seem to be built better and not to mention the 4 doors, but the power/reliability and driveability of a cummins would be great.

What Trans would you use?

What type of shape is the body and interior in? Any major rust? But if its pretty decent I would say thats a pretty good deal, I would probably choose an obs or an old hi-boy if I were to make a fummins

No fummins here but I like my OBS ford. Except the gauge cluster of the brick nose is better IMO

Well, it sold before I could get there with the money. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the replies.

I owned my 97 obs fummins for four years, it was the BEST thing I've ever done. Even at stock, the power was amazing and more importantely the mpg was triple what the bb was getting. Only reason for selling was I needed more seats for kids. Found a rust free ccsb, already have another 2valve, adapter plates, motor mounts, and intercooler ready for the spring time conversion!

Its been worth it so far I'm in the final stages of trans tuning. If time is important a manual trans will save a lot of time.

i have had mine since about may and love it....worth every dime spent..

mines beeeen cummins powered for about 7 yrs ind i love it. a cummins powered ford makes a great truck

Back