Finally got my new wheels and tires on

BFD99

The Stig
Finally decided to get these wheels powdercoated that I've had sitting in my garage for a year. Went with Gloss Black, and needed new tires, so i got some Falken STZ04 in 265/70-17. Went with these over the proxes like I had last time because these are 31.5 inches tall vs. 30.5 inches tall for the proxes. I wanted my top end and MPGs back, and these are still speed rated to 120mph, so i should be good there. Last time I was out of RPM by 120, now at 120mph i'm like 3300rpms, so i think its got 130mph in it. LOL
BTW the center caps are being painted gloss black to match the wheels. Also picked up smoked LED 3rd brake light from ebay for $30, and a Black 6" MBRP exhaust tip is on order and gonna debadge the rest of the truck, and the blackout theme should be done!
Also ordering caltracs here very soon.
Here's me getting rid of the old tires... :party018:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702IILnCYjg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702IILnCYjg[/ame]
c29fb86c.jpg

c0df3188.jpg

14a1f877.jpg

7a220edd.jpg

dc7fbf01.jpg

8d2e875d.jpg

Thanks man, I'm kinda going for the halfway sleeper look... LOL

It's gotta be halfway fast before it can be a sleeper doesn't it?:kick:

It's gotta be halfway fast before it can be a sleeper doesn't it?:kick:
Aww that hurts old man! I know mid 13's ain't fast but it's slowly getting there! I just can't decide on what turbo I want! 64 or 66. :bang :lolly:

Last edited:
Just kiddin ya Dex. It looks good I think. I would a 2 wheeler to tool around in. One day maybe.

Thanks, i know it ain't no race truck, but it's fun to drive with the current mods, and for the minimal exterior mods, and still easy to get around in traffic and park, i'm pretty happy with it. At full throttle it's also pretty smokeless, which I like. I wanted 22s but there wasn't any wheels i just really liked, they all had bolt heads or allen heads in the rim lips or something. Just nothing clean that would go with the look i'm going for, and that would perfectly fit my 2wd, they are all too wide or not the right Backspacing.

okay so 127 GPS on my iPhone verified not 10 minutes ago, I wanna go faster though. Guess i need some taller gears. :hehe:

127's about right. i run a little faster with a little taller tire

what rpm you hitting?

127's about right. i run a little faster with a little taller tire

what rpm you hitting?

I wasn't looking at the tach at the time. But I have 3.73s and the tires are like 31.4 inches tall I believe.

127 is it Dex? Come on.... I wanna see 150 out of her :hehe:

Poor proxes, they travelled so far to be burnt off Dex. At least you got a decent deal on them. In they got you by tell now. Trucks looking good too.

Poor proxes, they travelled so far to be burnt off Dex. At least you got a decent deal on them. In they got you by tell now. Trucks looking good too.

I got 15 or so passes out of them and a few good burnouts and 10k miles or so. I was very happy with them. LOL

Back