Finally got #s

jakemono

First Dyno in the 98. Came up with a max of 453hp and 939tq. Will post the sheet and some pictures it was a little smokey. I was almost making as much boost as I do on the street. (50psi on the street and about 48psi on the rollers) Was on a dyno jet.

Mods
Weston 5x.014s
E.D. 64/71
ARP Studs
SBC Iron Giant
191dv's
4k gsk
100 plate
Timed at 20.5

Think I can do a few turns on my wastegate and get it to around 55psi to clean up a little smoke? I was maxing out my 1600 degree pyro by the end of my runs.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll need to scan the sheets picture doesn't show up well but here it is.
numbers2.jpg

numbers.jpg

smokey.jpg

2.jpg

That should be a legit setup for 550. I made 456 with bad ddp 3's super hx40 stock Dv's no plate, rack plug, airdog, according afc mods, and 4k gov springs.

sounds like your in need of a lift pump to me

Last edited:
sounds like you need a lift pump....I made 458/1053 uncorrected with 180 pump, stock lift pump,stock turbo/stock housing/stock 181's delivery valves, 4kgksk, 0 plate ff, afc setup loose,mack rack plug, and some 5x.016's and 18* I only saw 45psi off boost, that was least I could make at wide open with my setup. actually come to think of I made 45psi with a blown intercooler when I first put my injectors in, good intercooler I hit 55-56psi. but I took the screw out of my boost elbow so I could control the peak boost a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YisuN3YSr0&feature=related

that truck ran well, if I actually set the afc up correctly Im sure I would have been able to clear 460-470 and over 1100ft lbs.

Last edited:
I'd be interested is seeing what you'd do with a lift pump and no other changes.....some people claim 50hp or more if you really are running out of pressure.

I agree with everyone, looks like you could use a lift pump. I did 551 with a almost the same setup 5x.014's, DDP 042's, 4K's, 64/71, no plate, modded AFC, 23.5*, and an Airdog 150. Gate your turbo higher too and you'll see some more results.

Granted, it was a VP truck, but I did 436 with just a 60mm HX40... your 64mm turbo and fuel amount should be good for another 100hp.

I read your post and I dont think that it's your truck, I think it may be the dyno. Your truck should make more boost on a dyno than on the street.

Ok this is me explaining this...Dynos that are made for mustangs and natural aspirated engienes do not need as much load as a turboed engiene. The load that you get with a dyno jet is just the weight of the two rollers but with a dyno like dyno dynamics, which is a brake load, which causes a greater load that causes your engiene to run at its full capacity which causes you to make maximum boost. So what im saying is if you have a diesel, use a dyno dynamics dyno instead of a dyno jet.

I did 468hp/1010tq with... MIA Plate, 4gsk, stock 181s, 5x14s, 18* timing, Super B Spl 64/71/14.... on with 215 pump. And some extra goodies like cold air, 4in str8, ect.

I'd be interested is seeing what you'd do with a lift pump and no other changes.....some people claim 50hp or more if you really are running out of pressure.

i know i gained a Good heavy kick in the pants from just a lift pump, but i was draining my stock one to almost 0

I am looking to get a raptor 150 and some different dvs. I stepped up to an E.D 66/74/14. I am currently down with a blown gasket going fire rings with some head work setting my waste gate at 60psi and trying again. Next closest dyno local is in May so I'm a ways out for new numbers.

New numbers... A whoppin 388/715 added a 66/74/14 and fire ringed the head with some bowl work. Went way down previous was 453/940 fml.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Does it feel any faster? you might have the 12 valve version of BBS LOL

I thin its the dyno, looked like a fair run.

It feels strong but I slapped a fuel pressure gauge today and im at 10-12 at idle and 0-5 wot so I think I found part of my problem. I still think I might ber packing on the fuel dept though for the 74mm turbine. I need to finish my drive pressure gauge install and get an AD 2.

Will a 165gph be enough our should I go big with the 200gph?

165, my brother has no problems fueling 225 HP injectors, super b special, and drag comp/smarty stack with a airdog 95....

Regulate your fuel return, in the fashion you desire. You can get a stocker to go along way. Try the old ofv spring stretch first. Then put a softer afc spring in with. Number 6 plate. Doesn't hurt to try...

I'm running more fuel than you, and have no fuel pressure issues whatsoever with a raptor 150. 45psi. Half inch lines, baldwin 1212 filter(13 bucks) with remote mount base(50 bucks) post pump. 100 micron pre pump filter if you desire.. Half the cost of AD

I'm running more fuel than you, and have no fuel pressure issues whatsoever with a raptor 150. 45psi. Half inch lines, baldwin 1212 filter(13 bucks) with remote mount base(50 bucks) post pump. 100 micron pre pump filter if you desire.. Half the cost of AD

Are you regulating your return aswell with your raptor? I have stretched and added a spring to my over flow. Did the raptor come with lines? Are your running a draw straw? My future plans for fuel after the fuel pressure fix is larger dvs and possibly 5x.016s.

Back