Finally got the drag truck to the track Friday

bdp

beans diesel performance
So after owning this truck for over a year I got it to the track for some shake downs. I knew it wouldnt be blazingly fast, the converter is too tight so I cant hold the brakes on it and I need a bigger cp3. The CP3 I have now wont hold but 20kpsi even with fuel pulled back to less then half of what it should be at.

So after getting used to it and a few passes I knocked out a 7.51 on fuel and 7.01 with a small single shot to help get out of the hole on no boost.

Changing the converter this week and working on a launch brake so we can leave with boost. If I can come up with a Cp3 by then then we will be in the low 6's pretty quick.

Truck is Ryan Tuckers old Chevy C10 , build is a 5.9 cr with a Ford 4R100 trans Ford 9" Single 66mm charger, stand alone ECM and some nitrous. Pretty confident we will have this truck in the 5's by the end of the year.

Yes all steel but its pretty light, I dont see 5's being a problem. Might be bold but this thing has not even got close to its potential yet. I would say those #'s were on about 600hp or there abouts. Should be well north of 1k once I get all the bugs worked out.

Mans gotta have goals LOL.

I think you'll see 5's in no time. That truck's Chassis was tuned to perfection before Bean bought it. We know Bean knows how to make horsepower.... what's left for 5 second 1/8th mile passes?

:lolly: Didn't you publish a 500 page book on all your bold statments?:doh:

Yes, not too long ago, but i have infact backed up my bold statements...LOL

All i'll add to your goals bean, 5's may come, but is it will come harder than you think. Doing it once or twice is OK but being consistant is very hard.

I think that truck will be in the 5's for sure :evil goodluck man!!! If guys with 6000lbs + trucks are breaking the 5's then open your eyes I think with the right setup it will be pretty easy especially something 4000lbs

Great to hear you have it out there! One "quick & dirty" option for more braking force would be custom brake linings with more aggressive friction materials. There is a place here in Portland that does just that, they did the rear shoes (drum rear) for my gasser race car. I went from only being able to stall about 2000 rpm to about 4000 rpm on the footbrake with the change in linings. Let me know if you are interested and I'll look up the contact info.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I'M INTERESTED!!!!

Bean, with what you learned on the other standalone CRs I don't think you'll have an issue getting to 5's.

We'll all be waiting for that 5 second run..;)

Oftentimes getting those last few tenths is a steep learning curve, but you've already got a chassis that's scienced out, so that counts big.

Yes, not too long ago, but i have infact backed up my bold statements...LOL

All i'll add to your goals bean, 5's may come, but is it will come harder than you think. Doing it once or twice is OK but being consistant is very hard.

It will come easier than you imagine, people like bean.

Need more info on those linings cause these drums dont hold at all. Even if the idle was high at around 900 i have a hard time holding the rear tires.

Need more info on those linings cause these drums dont hold at all. Even if the idle was high at around 900 i have a hard time holding the rear tires.

Strange and wilwood offers dual caliper rear disk brakes for this problem. retro should not be hard to do That should help.

Last edited:
Back