Finally Got Where I Wanted Before The End Of The Year!!

maxwedgehead

I really wanted my short bed to break in to the 12s before it was the end of drag racing season. Basically if you viewed my other thread, shorty's fastest pass had been 13.41 with no money whatsoever into the engine. BUT I had assumed the engine was a 160 pump because of the truck I pulled it out of it. But turns out the truck had a motor swap at sometime because it is indeed a 215 motor.

Fast forward, I bought drag radials and wheels for the rear, 5x14s, 4k gsk, and valve springs. Got it all ready to go to the track, went and the fastest pass was 13.30 couldn't get below it. Something was wrong, brought it home disappointed. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it ran it out to the road and floored it. 95 psi of fuel pressure, somethings definitely not right, found a stuck closed overflow valve and replaced. Instantly you could feel a difference.

Went back to the track last night, first pass 13.05, second, 13.00. Then they reglued the track and I was first on it, in the first couple of passes the sun was dead in my eyes and I could see any of my gauges because I was blinded. Next time the sun had sank and no more blinding. Launched on 8 psi which yielded me a 12.98, come around and ran instantly again for a 12.97. Hot lapped it one more time this time gave it 12 psi off the line, that got me a 12.93! couldn't be more happier for a stock hx35, stock lift pump, a 300 dollar transmission I bought from someone I know.

My plan is to make the truck an 11.90 index truck on a budget! It ways 5340 with me setting in it, that calculates to 405 horse. Not too shabby!
fancy and shorty.jpg
12.93 pass.jpg

Back