Finished with Deranged

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Guys, I would like to say thanks to everyone on here for everything you have done. So many have done so much for me since I started this project nearly 3 1/2 years ago. I had such great plans, and great dreams, but unfortunately, the cost has been high and the toll has been paid by my family. Traveling for a living makes it hard to have a family, and being gone on top of that working on a truck, or going to an event puts an added strain on the things that actually matter.

We ran a best of 11.86 at Pinks all out, with a sad 1.9 60' and nailing the brakes so we wouldn't hit the car that was skidding to a stop just past the finish line. Its the fastest I have gone, and the fastest the truck has gone and we did it, (unbeknown to us) on fuel only. Far short of the hype I had played in fun, the smack that has been talked, and far short of the expectations I had.

I am sure their will be plenty who will call me a quitter or any number of things. I personally say to them, try it yourself, walk in my shoes, and pay the price I have paid, then talk to me. Never the less, I have contacted those who have sponsored parts, and helped me out so much on this project. I have offered to return everything that I can as this was never about making a profit, especially off of someone else, (What I have invested far outweighs what was sponsored). I promised 6 events to everyone at a minimum and I gave 8. I put it in the public eye as much as I could, got it in magazines and on TV and did my best to make it something for everyone to be proud of. I feel ok about my decisions.

I have made no decisions on what I will be doing with the truck, but selling it is definitely an option at this point. Its got what it needs to be a runner, it was built well and is a solid foundation. I simply will not lose more than I have possibly lost to take it a step further. I have raced it for the last time. I will still be around here, perhaps not as much, but will be here. This place and many of you are like family to me. The cost to continue is simply too great, (I am not talking financially so let me quell any rumors of my financial demise). Thanks for understanding.

Tim

Well it was a good ride! Hopefully if there is a new owner he keeps it moving in the direction you had it going in. Family always comes first. So if anyone wants to talk $hit they can GFY. Good luck Tim.

It takes a man to realize that family comes before racing. Hope things work out for the better.

Tim,

I certainly don't pretend to know what you personally and everyone has been through with that truck but I Do know what it's like to have had major issues time and time again. Spending money that I didn't have and shouldn't have spent just to keep up my dream and over come...I was close to where you are several times..Next time may be the charm for me too...

That being said, I applaud your decision to put family first! There is NO Shame in that game!!

Let me know if you need anything Sir...

David

Props to you Tim. Always enjoyed following the news on the truck. Like has been said, Family is always first, at the end of the day, it is still just a truck, and probably can't fulfill a person as much as family can.

Its the right decision. You have my support 100%.
Anyone has anything smartass to say....come see me first.

everyone sees a truck like that and only those who have built something like that from the ground up know the COUNTLESS hours that goes into it...

I would just walk away from the thing till next spring/summer and see how you feel... would be a shame to scrap the whole project at this point if it's not a financial issue. Walk away from it, enjoy the upcoming holiday season and let it collect dust. If you feel the same in the spring, send it on down the road.

or put a Cummins in it :p

I understand completely. I have thought about getting rid of trucks and getting something that I could still enjoy but take the family with. Family should come first.

I agree with Forrest, give it time and see how you feel before you send it down the road and/or throw in the towel completely.

I've "gotten out" a few times... but hot rodding is in your blood :eek:

Doesn't mean I'm building project vehicles from the ground up, but I gotta have something that burns dead dinosaurs and makes cool noises or my life just isn't worth living...

but you definitely need to tip the scales and spend more time with the family if you feel you've been neglecting them... throw a cover over that thing and revisit it in about 5-6 months.

Tim, good luck on your descion. I know it'll be a hard one. But if it is getting in the way of family, then you have to do what you have do. Family comes first.

family does come first! but i have to agree with Forrest!

family always comes first, we'll all continue to support you no matter what.

i wonder what i might be able todo with it:ford:

Family First !!! if you think you have lots of time ($) and lotts of money $$$
invested that doesn't even hold a candle to replace a wife and kids for sure.

I don't know you but I know where your coming from. I have 8 years in this hot rod. haven't really done anything with it the last two season's for very same reason.:Cheer::Cheer:

But I did put it back togeather in time to put in storage before the snowflakes fly, and see what next year brings.

I'm with the rest of em Tim.

Put it away for the winter, then take a look at it again next year in the spring. Racing's pretty much over for the winter in most places anyways. We just don't have to stop down here.

Glad you're prioritizing man. I know you gave it your best and I think you did a damn good job with it.

Feel better knowing that your not the only one, and that sometimes you just have to walk away for a while. Do what I did... lock it out on the lift, flip the breaker, and just walk under the dam thing for about 6 months.... you will forget its even there.. LOL Good luck man!! :Cheer:

Family's first..Good luck man..i've enjoyed reading about it and seeing it in person:rockwoot:

like its been said, it takes a real man to give up something he loves for something that is much more important, it seems as though you have overwhelming support in your decision so its not like it means much, but im behind you 100% good luck Tim

no comment from me as none needed.

moving on, you have a good head on your shoulders and know what the best move is for you, and im sure this is it. nothing changes in my eyes, except maybe now you can drink more with us instead of fighting that thing tooth and nail. im always here for you, not that i need to tell you that.

Back