Firepunk Dirt Drags

Thanks! Like a lot of noise but not really going anywhere. Lavon said we would be able to put rubber on the dirt...mother nature thought otherwise lol

Chase, that truck of yours is freaking awesome to watch sir....even on dirt. :lolly:

Chases truck with any kind of tired would have been nasty! Hope to be able to Run next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife Jade was shooting the dyno for me while I was shooting some features. She got GREAT shots of Ryan breaking the dyno!!! It is wild how fast Lavon reacted and the big smile on Ryan's face... Look for the shots in the event coverage in an upcoming issue of Diesel World along with a lot of other great shots we got at the event!

We had a good time and the Miller's were great hosts as always!!! Look forward to making it back next year!

It was a good time!!! Event was long, but Mother Nature played a big hand in that.....

I agree with no 4wheelers for next year. But KOI has a decent following for them though.

Pic of my big, slow tow rig...... Good Picture though!!!!

dually2.jpg

I wanted to talk to more people, but lack of sleep was making me anti social...... :doh::blahblah1:

Would have to like to hit the dyno but...
There is almost room for two tracks, it was a long day and i had to leave unfortunately. I say line em up on a line and hand drop that s hit by some big boobed nasty.

Firepunk Dirt Drag Results

Firepunk Diesel Dirt Drags
Labor Day 2014
Union County Fairgrounds, Marysville Ohio
Race Equipment Provided by KOI Dragracing

$4000 Payout

1200 paid Admissions

Race Entries:

2wd and/or Manual Transmission Diesel Class 21
Stock Turbo Diesel 54
Modified Diesel 53
Open Class "Any full bodied street legal vehicle" 29
Total Race entries 157

2WD/Manual class

First Place: Micheal Cordova, 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Cummins Diesel Best ET 6.00
Second Place: Max Noll, 2006 Dodge Ram2500 Manual Best ET 5.70
Third Place: Anthony Bulach, 2008 Chevy Silverado, 2WD Best ET 6.02

Finals race
Micheal Cordova vs Max Noll
RT: .823 RT: -1.628
ET: 6.308 ET: 20.33

Stock Turbo Diesel Class
First Place: Wade Howard, 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Best ET 5.52
Second Place: Kyle Lewis, 2008 Ford F350 Best ET 5.43
Third Place: Adam Orwieler, 06 Dodge Ram 2500 Best ET 5.49
Fourth Place: Tyler Headings, 2007 GMC Silverado 2500 Best ET 6.26

31 Sub 5.99 passes in Eliminations

Finals Race:
Wade Howard vs Kyle Lewis
RT.222 RT .370
ET 5.61 ET 5.65

Modified Class
First Place: Banean Woosley, 2005 Ram 2500 Best ET 4.66
Second Place: Lavon Miller, 2004 Ram 2500 Best ET 4.98
Third Place: Josh Fisher, 2001 GMC 2500 Best ET 5.16
Fourth Place: Bradford Mcdaniel, 2005 Ram 2500 Best ET 5.25

Lavon Miller, Banean Woosley, and Chase Lunsford combined for 6 sub 4.99 passes during eliminations.

Finals Race
Banean Woosley vs Lavon Miller
RT .334 RT .165
ET 4.66 ET 4.98

Open Class
First Place: Chris Hatzman, 1997 Ford F350 Cummins Powered Best ET 5.14
Second Place: John Hall, Jeep Cherokee "Farm Jeep" Best ET 5.48
Third Place: Cody Bodi, Ford F150 Raptor Best ET 6.49
Fourth Place: Nick Jester, 1995 Ram 2500 Best ET 6.47

Finals Race
Chris Hatzman vs John Hall
RT .242 RT .378
ET 5.14 ET 5.48

Congrats to Banean on the win at the dirt drags.

Thanks brah!!
And again, my first time racing on dirt, and I'm sure I can speak for Chase and Lavon, it's a hell of a rush hitting it in a 1000+ hp diesel truck. So much going in in just a 300' span.

Last edited:
We had a meeting this morning and went over coordination plans for next year. We have found equipment that will groom the track in one pass if we run into rain next year that will allow us to recover the surface quickly.

Next year you can expect a perfect track (with JD sponsoring plenty of equipment), a concrete pad for the dyno, no ATV racing, sound for the entire fairgrounds, single eliminations with 1st round by backs, more vendors/door prizes, more people and more fun!

We drew the interest of the fairgrounds quickly when they saw the amount of trucks attending, they are on board to help us promote the event and accommodate our needs to make venue a good platform to grow.

It was awesome to have a grass roots event with 157 Race Entrees. Thank you to all who made the trip, we hope to see you next year!

We had a meeting this morning and went over coordination plans for next year. We have found equipment that will groom the track in one pass if we run into rain next year that will allow us to recover the surface quickly.

Next year you can expect a perfect track (with JD sponsoring plenty of equipment), a concrete pad for the dyno, no ATV racing, sound for the entire fairgrounds, single eliminations with 1st round by backs, more vendors/door prizes, more people and more fun!

We drew the interest of the fairgrounds quickly when they saw the amount of trucks attending, they are on board to help us promote the event and accommodate our needs to make venue a good platform to grow.

It was awesome to have a grass roots event with 157 Race Entrees. Thank you to all who made the trip, we hope to see you next year!

Thank you!!! That sounds more like drag racing. I know you guys prob didn't expect that many to attend and compete. You did a good job for what hand was delt! As long as you can make improvments people will be there! P.S. Hopefully the trophies don't stray to far from what they were this year. They were freakin bad ass! The only thing I could recommend is do eliminations like drag racing. Our practice runs act as qualifying passes. If that would be possible. If thats to much know worries. Its still a blast!

While that would be cool, I see it being a mess to organize. I don't know of any one that runs a ladder for more than 32 vehicles, so that would mean eliminating 20 plus trucks in qualifying. I'm not sure if people would like that part of it, and getting the proper trucks to the lanes could be a mess because people seem to not pay attention all the time. I know it would make eliminations considerably longer. And also a ladder doesn't work for buy backs. Just my 2 cents

When will you know the date of the drags for next year? The sooner I know the better cause I gotta book time off work to get there

Back