First 1st gen

TMF

Twisted Metal Fabrication
So im picken up my first 1st gen maro. its got a Banks 4in exhaust, Banks turbo and rebuilt tranny. I wanna do a 4-link coilover lift. about 6 inches, nothin to much. ya'll have any ideas or advice itd be appreciated.

What year is it specifically?

You better be completely in love with the truck if you're wanting to put a 4-link setup on it. It will fix one of the major gripes about these trucks, the ride, but if that truck isn't worth all the work the it would be a huge waste...

Any pics?

And yeah, why in the world would he take off a 4" exhaust and aftermarket turbo? Not much call for it unless he's just wanting to buy it all again.

That "Banks turbo" is most likely the original stock turbo with a 14cm waste-gated exhaust-housing. The exhaust-housing being part of the Banks kit.

If I'm not mistaken, for that kit to include the 14cm W/G exhaust-housing, there's a good chance there's a Banks IC in there somewhere (better than stock/OEM).

The 1st Gen Banks stuff was actually pretty good for the fella who simply wanted to bolt-on some additional, reliable power without pissing-off emissions people. Pricey but well thought out for that application.

That "Banks turbo" is most likely the original stock turbo with a 14cm waste-gated exhaust-housing. The exhaust-housing being part of the Banks kit.

If I'm not mistaken, for that kit to include the 14cm W/G exhaust-housing, there's a good chance there's a Banks IC in there somewhere (better than stock/OEM).

The 1st Gen Banks stuff was actually pretty good for the fella who simply wanted to bolt-on some additional, reliable power without pissing-off emissions people. Pricey but well thought out for that application.

You shouldn't use the words pissed off....some whiny b!tch might report your post because he got sand in his vagina. Just sayin'...

You shouldn't use the words pissed off....some whiny b!tch might report your post because he got sand in his vagina. Just sayin'...

I don't give a crap either way but I've got a word or two from mods for it in the past. Because people could have there kids on there lap while reading posts.

If you're LUCKY enough to have gotten the Banks kit with the wider, thicker intercooler, hats off to ya', they were a pretty nicely built and flowing 'cooler for the times.

Mark.

I've always had good results with banks hard parts when I used them back in the day. I probably wouldn't buy their stuff now (mostly because of price) but 10-15 years ago you didn't as have many choices.

I put a banks exhaust and turbine housing on a 24v in 2001, everything fit and worked great, and as far as I know is still working great.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

5Lb5U65J93K33kb3G5c441b904906514819ee-1.jpg

2012-04-179515_29_31_.jpg

2012-04-179515_29_40_.jpg

2012-04-179515_29_56_.jpg

2012-04-179515_30_24_.jpg

IMG2527.jpg

Sorry it took so long for pics yall! But all my buddie has ever ran is banks. And i think its good sh*t! And yes, it is the stock housing with the Power Pack internals.

What year is it specifically?

You better be completely in love with the truck if you're wanting to put a 4-link setup on it. It will fix one of the major gripes about these trucks, the ride, but if that truck isn't worth all the work the it would be a huge waste...

Any pics?

And yeah, why in the world would he take off a 4" exhaust and aftermarket turbo? Not much call for it unless he's just wanting to buy it all again.

I love this truck! And i had a four linked chevy to play with before i had my license and i just loved how it road on the dirt. so thats why i want to.

The utility bed reminds me of a decently powered yellow first gen that could haul.

Good looking truck man, I'm jealous of your front axle.

Edit: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDTpkHCQwY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDTpkHCQwY[/ame]

Last edited:
Well the guy in the vid..Brian aka KTA can shure help you get there.

Dar

Last edited:
Back