First 80 degree day and the fan comes on

MikeDually

No More Changes
First 80 degree day we have had, and with no load, just normal driving on the highway and downtown the damn fan comes on. The last time this happened, two months later it had a cracked head, cooked EGR and oil cooler. I haven't had a chance to install my oil temp/water temp/ egr gauages yet, but the idiot gauges were fine.

I'm runnin an Extreme Street tune, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

egr gauge??????????:hehe:my fan kicked on today 80*+ it usely does when i come to a stop or going slow ,was doing that for 200000+ mi.

i have 03, 05, 06 six leakers and a 01 7.3 , my pulling truck would be a ford if i could afford it.

Cool. Ya Fords are pricey.

I'm thinking it's my oil cooler, which is a new part from Ford last October. But they didn't install it, a perf shop did that installed the studs. Think they have a warranty on the part, or not since they didn't install it?

Ok so my gauges are on and the Fan comes on when the water temp hits 208, and the oil temp is about 202-5.

Kicks on for maybe a minute. Was gonna take the truck to the dealer, but thought I'd get an idea of what might be wrong from your guys perspective

Have you had it checked out? Drives me up a wall. I pull up to another diesel pulling a backhoe, I'm empty, and I'm the guy making all the fan noise

yep my truck does the same. Think I'm gonna have me look at it when I take it in to have the AC recharged

Update: Took it to Ford, they say the Fan Clutch is not working correctly. It was 375 for the part and 310 for labor.

I elected not to have it repaired.

I love your Avatar, one of these days when I head down to FL I have to meet you in person.

Then is the truck running hot? 207-209 water temp on a 80 day seems a little to warm

Back