First Gen Body Panels?

Amish Elegance

Schadenfreude
I have a kid who works for me that drives a 1st gen Dodge. Sadly, its a gasser... I digress. He was lamenting about how hard it was to find body panels at decent prices. LMC, ect doesn't cover them.

I told him that my 1st gen diesel buddies surely would have resources.

What about it fellas, where are you getting parts to keep this classic muscle in good form?

Thanks.

When you find it, let us know. :lolly:

Ask Mark Nixon, he has a few. Otherwise junkyards and trucks in the south. IIRC, anything from 81-93, save the core support, are interchangeable.

I've had good luck finding 2wd half tons that have really good bodies on them since they are hardly ever driven in the salt or anything.

Ahh, thanks for digging this back up.

I appreciate all the responses, I passed Taco's links along to the guy. I'm not sure he found everything he was looking for, but there were a few pieces he found from those links.

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep em coming.

Not sure where you're located but I have a cab, hood, and clean radiator support if he still needs things

I worked for an auto parts store last year n we could still get em except some grill pieces.

If he hasn't done so, have him try car-part.com. That way he can try to find used parts. Depending on who the person deals with company wise on the new/aftermarket body parts, there may be quality/fitment issues. They are usually stamped from lighter steel, and sometimes don't line up well without a little "help."

Back