First hook of the year for me. Updated setup

ILLINOISRAM

INLINE INSANITY
Well since CompD is a whole lotta crap and not a lot of competition anymore I thought I would post this video to steer it back in the right direction. Lol anyway over the winter I put a Schied mechanical fuel system, water to air cooler with a front weight box/ ice box setup. Nothing major for some people but to me it was a big improvement. I did break an axle at the end of the pull and had to clutch it but overall still happy with the immediate difference. Now to start tuning and tweaking from here. Still want to go with a bigger turbo but afraid to swap my protrusion charger back on and have it suck hind tit. Any opinions from just watching the video?

Tim Burton at Farmer City - YouTube

Last edited:
4th place with a 289.2. 3rd was Clint Hawkins with a 289.5. 2nd was Clayton Hawkins with 291? And first was Seth Zarate with 293. Three tuff runnin Danville tuned dmaxs. I think a issue I might need to address is traction. Coming off the line it seems to blow the tires off and take a few feet to get hooked and running. I know most dodges are running 4.88 now and I'm still 5.13.

DAMN, looking like a different truck. Wouldn't surprise me at all you could run the bigger charger now with the air to ice water.

Yeah I'd agree. It looks like you needed to walk it out a bit before dropping the clutch. Once it hooked up it looked pretty strong. I dont know how many rpms you were running but it looked like maybe you ran out of motor load and couldn't get anymore ground speed.

Some of my Facebook friends allready seen this but here is the broken SCS axle.

F44A4918-5866-488A-8483-D5C62258AA5E-4549-000004C0BB5CF7C2.jpg

Looks like if you change to 4.88 you will be good I agree doesn't sound like the motor had much load. Thanks for the update good run

DAMN, looking like a different truck. Wouldn't surprise me at all you could run the bigger charger now with the air to ice water.

I think so too but the one catch is the the Scheid turbo has the big exhaust wheel but only a drop in billet wheel on the compressor side that has had a 2.6 protrusion cut done on it which would actually make it move less air to me. The current one is the factory 3x3 with a 2.6 bushing. Those dmaxs I run with are 475-480 batmo chargers with no protrusion. Either way I think I need a bigger windmill. I just don't know what's my best option.

One choice Precision dmaxs and cr can run really well with s400's because they have much more efficient heads we have never had any luck with s400's unless it was who did the work to them only ran forced inductions

Yeah I'd agree. It looks like you needed to walk it out a bit before dropping the clutch. Once it hooked up it looked pretty strong. I dont know how many rpms you were running but it looked like maybe you ran out of motor load and couldn't get anymore ground speed.

I run a Powerparts engineering triple disc weighted clutch and when it's ready Togo it goes. The taller gears would make the clutch work harder and come out easier. I have not a gauge one in the truck drove it blind. I had intentions on a racepak system but money ran short in the pulling fund so I don't know wether to spend money on all new gauges or just wait.

You do realize that going forward is the point, not side to side coming out of the hole? :)

You do realize that going forward is the point, not side to side coming out of the hole? :)

I shoulda known you would be the one to catch that. I've never had to fight it like that before but I know what the problem was and it will be corrected. Haha

Driver side. Spare is the straight one. I have to cut it down by about a 1 1/4. Inch.

I shoulda known you would be the one to catch that. I've never had to fight it like that before but I know what the problem was and it will be corrected. Haha

I was just giving u a hard time, good lookin hook!

Here is the second hook at champaign county fair. My front right tire wasn't getting power through the central disconnect because I f'ed up and put the vacuum hose on the wrong side of the shifter diaphragm. Yes I know I need a grizzly locker with the one piece 35 spline axles but I just don't have the funds yet. So really nothing new or different from last week but thought I would go ahead and post the video even though I did have a dumb ass attack. Lol.

Tim Burton at Champaign, IL - YouTube

Looking good Tim. I think 4:88's would make a big difference for you. Sounds like its pretty much up against the governor.

sounds great and looked good! why not try the scheid turbo? it just may surprise you

Back