First night at the track on new setup

97Dodgeram

diesel head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwlErOJqziY

this was the best on the night, and a new best for my truck........13.4 @ 103

i had a exhaust leak between manifold and charger hurting spool up a bit, this run i was able to get up to 13psi staging and ran a 1.97 60ft ( i think , dont have the slip infront of me)

Place this in the drag racing section you will get better feedback.

i was manually shifting it, probably a little slow on the shift, i know it was wound right out at 4k when it shifted. Full manual VB and ratchet shifter are in the near future.....

mods can you move this to the drag racing section?

it will shift a little over 3k when in drive, but when i leave it in drive with the lockup switch ON it sometimes will lock for whatever reason, it doesnt do this when in 1. The tv cable is adjusted , i get full travel at wot

i know it needs to leave harder, thats the thing i need to work on the most. like i said , i had a exhaust leak pre turbo which was hurting spool up, this run was the best i could get , which was about 13psi. I am pulling the manifold off this week, addressing the exhaust leak, porting it out and wrapping it.

I will post up my times from this run when i get home, i am going to bump up the timing and run the fuel pressure gauge into the cab because i think i might have a low fuel pressure issue, because after 3600rpm or so power seems to fall off a bit.

What was your 1/8th MPH and ET? Looks like you're leaving too soft and the turbo doesn't get spooled till 2nd gear. Easy on the drivetrain but not the best way to get your best possible ET.

All that said, congrats for getting out to the track, lots of guys sit behind their keyboard all day and never actually get to the fun part: doing it in real life!

What was your 1/8th MPH and ET? Looks like you're leaving too soft and the turbo doesn't get spooled till 2nd gear. Easy on the drivetrain but not the best way to get your best possible ET.

All that said, congrats for getting out to the track, lots of guys sit behind their keyboard all day and never actually get to the fun part: doing it in real life!

^^ THIS

Fix the exaughst leak and leave at 16-18 psi and you just might be able to get a high 12. Good luck!!

thanks guys! i love the thrill of racing, even not being silly fast, it is still fun! when i get home i'll post my time slip.

my buddy was running 13.1's @103 , so me running a 13.4 @103 i'm thinking the hp is there, just need to get on top of it faster!

I wouldnt say you have a fuel pressure issue just because it falls off after 3600rpm. 4k springs will usually only net you 3,600rpm or so of hard acceleration. Good idea to check fuel pressure, but that may not be the issue.

Unless your vb is modded to lock in 2nd manual you are not getting lockup until you hit 3rd when you manual shift it. Try leaving in D, letting it shift to 2nd and get on top of the charger good then lock the TC asap and see if that helps.

If it were me id get the exhaust leak fixed and try leaving just a little harder while letting it shift like i mentioned. Then mess with timing and other stuff once you get a GOOD baseline. JMO though

r/t .700
60' 1.968
330' 5.667
1/8 8.663
mph 82.01
1000' 11.246
1/4 13.435
mph 102.58

fuel pressure gauge is mounted in the engine bay, idle is 40psi, drops to 20 or so on a quick pull

can anyone tell me why the trans will sometimes "lock" when i load it up in D, but not 1. ......... everytime i load it up in D it seems to lock the converter and kills the engine

First, make sure to not do that any more. You can brake stuff doing that. Second, likely a consequence of the way the valve body is setup.

can anyone tell me why the trans will sometimes "lock" when i load it up in D, but not 1. ......... everytime i load it up in D it seems to lock the converter and kills the engine

Is your lockup switch on when it does this?

Is your lockup switch on when it does this?

no, when i tried it like this the switch was not on.

when i put it in 1, i flip the lockup switch on in the staging lanes when i put it into 4wd.

What do you think of the split times? 1/8th mile times should be in the high 12 second range in the 1/4...? thats based on 1/8mile time X 1.52

no, when i tried it like this the switch was not on.

when i put it in 1, i flip the lockup switch on in the staging lanes when i put it into 4wd.

What do you think of the split times? 1/8th mile times should be in the high 12 second range in the 1/4...? thats based on 1/8mile time X 1.52

To give you an idea I'm running almost 8 flat in the 1/8th. And that is a very low 12 when you X it by 1.52

High 12's with a dually Would be sweet!

yea man the ultimate goal it 12's with current fueling and weight. i think it should be capable of it, although i would like to try some comp dv's.

EGT's are getting a little toasty @ approx 1700*, i am going to bump the timing though, should help a bit.

My egt gauge isnt hooked up.... hahah

how do you like that turbo for street driving? looks like you got ontop of it pretty fast.

it took a bit of tuning but its really not to bad, alot better then i would have thought. i am running the tst light spring, but i have a adjustable boost restrictor inline to the afc housing, so i can completly block boost off from the afc, until the ball unseats inside the restrictor and allows flow.

i have it setup that it wont open until 10psi, once it opens afc starts moving and it is at full travel by 30psi.

I am still running stock cam, valves set at .008 / .015 , 20* , 181's. I also think having 4.10's and 32's help as well

Back