First Night out 7.0 96mph

How big of a turbo are you running?

Did the tranny boil over? Talk about LOOOOOONG spool up.

Congrats on the 7 flat, that's pretty quick, especially for a maiden voyage.

How big of a turbo are you running?

Did the tranny boil over? Talk about LOOOOOONG spool up.

Congrats on the 7 flat, that's pretty quick, especially for a maiden voyage.

runnin silver bullet over a s480. the tranny got to 190 or so. but it really made me nervous.

im runnin a 89% right now. gona play with the timing a bit and external gate first and if that doesnt fix it im gona get a converter thats a bit looser.

it just felt good to finally run it.

I counted 41 sec. of spool up time, that's just from when the video started till you left. Hell you could have ran 6.70 or .80 if the tranny wouldn't have been on fire. Not bad for out of the box. Congrats.

A .070 jet will wake that sucker right up.

Nice pass...what was the short time?

That reminds me of my very frustrating days with the ED 468 and a 1800ish stall. Certainly moves when you get it going though!

A .070 jet will wake that sucker right up.

Nice pass...what was the short time?

1.6 on that pass i believe.

i have a small kit on it. but wanted a couple more passes to get the bugs worked out before i sprayed the new motor.:nos:

then maybe go for a 2 stage kit:rockwoot:

i run a gt4202 as a single with around a 1400 rpm no boost stall. can not light the turbo ever at the line. a small shot of :nos: and i am good to go in around 5 seconds. I love it.
once i get to around 10psi i can turn off the juice and run fuel only if i want, I can't tell you how nice it is to spool quick at the line. I had a much looser converter that i could light on fuel but it took a lot longer and my 60' sucked compared to the tighter converter.

I heard the Jeopardy (sp?) music playing in my head with that spool session.....lol

Nice pass though....

yes sir.

I found out I had a major exhaust leak on the hot pipe. Have it all tore apart and resealing everything. Hopefully it will spool a little better.:doh:

looks like anything will help :doh: haha nice pass though

Back