first pass!

64/71 , 150's and .093 lines and 25 * timing, didnt plan on setting any records but i figured it would have done a little better then a 9.4, then again it was my first pass ever, and first time really trying out the new set up

I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to be funny.

Food for thought, my best 1/8th with a 99' 4x4 VP44, Jammer 5 injectors, and He351cw turbo NV4500 w Valair Feramic Single clutch was 9.22 @ 78MPH.

After about 15-20 1/4 mile races, the 3rd gear synchros were almost completely shot. The clutch was warped enough that it didn't fully engage, and the springs and rivets on the friction disk were coming apart, and the truck was miserable to daily drive.

That's when I saw the light and bought a second vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission for racing, and then purchased a different daily driver with an automatic.

When I saw the light, it was two fold:
1. It's stupid to race your daily driver.
2. It's stupid to drag race a diesel truck equipped with a New Venture manual transmission

I will say this, 3800 RPM free-rev 5-7 psi boosted 2nd gear dropped clutch launch on my 99' felt wicked for the first 30' till it had to be shifted to 3rd gear where it would do the coast, grind, coast, engage 2-3 shift.

Have fun and keep on racing, you'll get better :hehe:

Back