First pull tonight

Macktruckdriver

Well Im pulling for the first time tonight and dont know what to do. I still cant get 4 low to work so we are ussing 4 hi firts gear. Iv got 285/75-16 tires and 3.73 gears. Any input on what to do would be nice.

You need to run 2nd gear in high range more than likely. First gear will be too low. You should have the power to run 2nd gear in high range, and that should actually be about where you want to be with wheel speed id imagine.

I was gonna say the same. Run 2 Hi. SHould be a good gear for ya

Well Ill get a video up soon. I did 1st high and it was horrible off the line and I forgot to lock the TC..... Damn adrenaline.....I got 8th out of 20 something. I did 275.** ft.

if you are running a auto I would stay away from the high side on the transfer case

I used to think my 4low didn't work, but you need to be coasting a few mph in neutral and shove it in.

Sorry, I assumed you were running a 6 speed since you didnt tell us. Put that part in your signature too!:hehe:

1st high is plenty fast in an automatic. You are far better off to run 2nd gear in 4 low, and lock the torque converter.

Eric

Well Im pulling for the first time tonight and dont know what to do. I still cant get 4 low to work so we are ussing 4 hi firts gear. Iv got 285/75-16 tires and 3.73 gears. Any input on what to do would be nice.

Hire a driver like Rod next time!!!:kick:

when i pull i can go in to 3rd in 4low with my auto. iv never tried to pull in 4 high though.

lock up torque converter and 4:11's but i manually shift it i dont let it shift on its owne.

Well I have a Auto and i Pull in 2nd Low and now i pull 3rd low. And down shift at the end.

i dont ever down shift i just let her eat the whole way down the track. then just throw it in neutral when i hit that fullpull mark.

no the sled will stop befor i do:) when they wave me to stop ill stop and at the time im pretty much at a stop then.

Back