First runs on the Gtech..

deerefanatic

Always learnin...
0-60 5.36 seconds
1/4 13.86 @ 104.7mph

Not too bad being I can feel it spin in first gear some. And the 2nd gear band needs adjusted as the 2-3 shift is long with a flare... Definitely seems to run out of juice up top. I think it's low on power yet compared to what it should be.

5.9 Cummins, 189/211 107LSA cam regrind, no plate 175 pump. 19* timing, 024 DV's, 5x16 Sac injectors, stock lines, WH1c/HT60 twins, 47RH, 3.54 gears.

What do you guys think?

They won't let me run... My batteries are in the bed on this truck (no room under an OBS Chevy hood with twins and an A/W intercooler) and I'll be hanged if I'm gonna wire up a rear bumper mounted shutoff.

My local strip requires a rear mounted shutoff if the batteries are not in stock location under the hood. (From what their rules read, a Buick Lesabre would have to have a shut off... Battery under rear seat) and if in a passenger compartment, must be in an NHRA approved battery box. Mine are in the bed, in marine boxes. So I'm good there. But still the shutoff rule. It's just not happening on a DD in the salt belt.

And, I only paid $100 for my Gtech, and 1 day at the strip is $69.. Besides which, from everybody I've read about online, the Gtech is usually pretty accurate. (Mine is a newer model that has the GPS tracking in addition to the G-meter)

My local strip requires a rear mounted shutoff if the batteries are not in stock location under the hood. (From what their rules read, a Buick Lesabre would have to have a shut off... Battery under rear seat) and if in a passenger compartment, must be in an NHRA approved battery box. Mine are in the bed, in marine boxes. So I'm good there. But still the shutoff rule. It's just not happening on a DD in the salt belt.

And, I only paid $100 for my Gtech, and 1 day at the strip is $69.. Besides which, from everybody I've read about online, the Gtech is usually pretty accurate. (Mine is a newer model that has the GPS tracking in addition to the G-meter)

2awg welding wire and battery shut off....still cheaper than g-tech

Well, it's here, and I have a flat back-road to use every day. :).. And for 2ga welding cable, too small. I run 0 ga, and would prefer bigger but it's all I could afford for now. Besides, I frankly don't care to have a shut off in there so I can nuke my electrical system if it should come open somehow when the truck's running.

I really don't even see the sense in it for a street truck... Them batteries are no less dangerous under the hood as in the bed. But, that's not what this thread is about.

Last edited:

how is 1 day at the track 69 dollars...its 25-30 bucks at both tracks by me..

Update, just racked the barrels on my injector pump and took another spin with higher fuel pressure, did 13.6x at 106.7 mph...... Gtech says I'm doing 472hp/1100tq... I tend to believe it there......

Well, welcome to Northern Wisconsin. Test-n-tune day is $69 at the Rock Falls raceway....

wow thats crazy....must be an insurance thing..do you have any friends that know what there truck runs, then test it on there truck..

Last edited:
I got one (BlackSkyRacing) but his truck is down right now. LOL. I'm thinking it's pretty accurate right now based on talking to my friend with they dyno. He guesstimated me at 500hp, and the Gtech says 472... And if it's really 472, then mid 13's is probably right.

Yah, it's actually cheaper to run in the money races on race day ($40 entry) then to go on test-n-tune. But, it's elimination, so I'd prolly only get 1 run!! LOL

Your low on power for that injector and twin setup. 106mph... get it to hook ands that's a mid 12 second pass (don't know how heavy your truck is) I ran 12.72 at 103 this spring, I also ran a 13.1 at 106mph at a midnight drag. That should give you a pretty good idea what it is capable of

Based on your mods you should be between 500-530hp. But really you should get on a dyno or get your batt. discontect and run it at the track.

Gtechs are pretty accurate, and you can use them anywhere. Your HP will be 50-100hp low compared to a regular dyno, but ET should be spot on so you can always use an online calculator. I ran 0-60mph in 4.15 and 12.8@105, so I'd say your launch is a little soft....track times backed up Gtech times....

Your low on power for that injector and twin setup. 106mph... get it to hook ands that's a mid 12 second pass (don't know how heavy your truck is) I ran 12.72 at 103 this spring, I also ran a 13.1 at 106mph at a midnight drag. That should give you a pretty good idea what it is capable of

X2, I did 13.8 and 96 or 98, can't remember.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yah, I can feel it burn the tires through 1st and sometimes 2nd gear. LOL. Truck with full tank of fuel and me in it is 6700 lbs. (Alot lighter than I figured it'd be). I've got a set of Bandag BDR-AS retreads in back, and they're so hard, they won't hook. I've got a set of worn down china tires that are pretty soft rubber that I intend to mount on my spare rims, air down, and use to drag it. I've also got a 180 pump coming for this thing; I can feel it fall on it's face above 2500 rpm.... And you can see it on the GTech dyno and G-force graphs.

Plan is to get the 180 pump installed, then dyno on a Superflow sometime next week.

Yah, I can feel it burn the tires through 1st and sometimes 2nd gear. LOL. Truck with full tank of fuel and me in it is 6700 lbs. (Alot lighter than I figured it'd be). I've got a set of Bandag BDR-AS retreads in back, and they're so hard, they won't hook. I've got a set of worn down china tires that are pretty soft rubber that I intend to mount on my spare rims, air down, and use to drag it. I've also got a 180 pump coming for this thing; I can feel it fall on it's face above 2500 rpm.... And you can see it on the GTech dyno and G-force graphs.

Plan is to get the 180 pump installed, then dyno on a Superflow sometime next week.
Ahh, you're a 2wd....time and speed make more sense now. I bet you'll dyno well over 500.

Should also note that the Rock Falls track is a **** hole and a Gtech is actually probably more accurate then running on that track.

Back