First time to the track with Twins

talonkid119

Not Enough
Well i finally got a chance to run the truck at the track, i was hoping for a little better time but oh well. My set up is a ED62/71 over a s475 for air. I have a built 12mm pump with the plate all the way back at 21.5* and 5x.014 injectors, .022dvs. 35" mud tires, 3.54 gears. I took it easy out of the hole at around 10psi or so on the launch.

Here is a little video of the run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLl35eorJc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLl35eorJc[/ame]

60' 1.913
1/8 7.863
90.73mpg
1/4 12.243
111.45mph

Do you think i need more air which could be hurting me or maybe have a little too much fuel for my set up. Maybe this would be a normal time for my set up i was hoping for a little faster

Last edited:
good run, looks like you could use some more air.. 480 or 482 wouldnt hurt you and you could put that plate forward.. you mph is higher than your et.. do the hp calculator on the top part of comp d and you will see.

I think its funny how easily 4x4 click off good times and 2wd will fight traction forever. haha

You hush! Lol good run man Get a bigger primary on that sucker and it will really move.

35'' boggers a soft 1.9 60ft and he blasts the doors off a 2wd.... bahahahah

Put some stock tires on that truck, launch with 15 psi, cut a 1.75 60' time, and you'll have a high 11 second pass.

I envy your traction!

Put some stock tires on that truck, launch with 15 psi, cut a 1.75 60' time, and you'll have a high 11 second pass.

I envy your traction!

and bump the timing to 25* and i think you would be happy:rockwoot:

Thanks guys. Yea sorry i didnt update the sig im only running the 21.5* now so maybe a little more would be better. Do you think these injectors are running out of steam and its just left over fuel from the .022s. Do u think she will be too laggy at 25*

I would leave the injectors in and ditch the 022s for some competition delivery valves from SDX. More injector is not the answer imho. I dropped 100+ hp going from 5x13s with competition delivery valves to 5x20s with 181 delivery valves.

In reading again however I would take the plate out of the pump and see how it goes before doing anything.

Do you have a cam? Looks to me like you have it tuned pretty good. For a first time run thats a great time!

Do you have traction bars?

I would leave the injectors in and ditch the 022s for some competition delivery valves from SDX. More injector is not the answer imho. I dropped 100+ hp going from 5x13s with competition delivery valves to 5x20s with 181 delivery valves.

In reading again however I would take the plate out of the pump and see how it goes before doing anything.

Ok yea i think im going to change the dvs, seems like these .022 are really hazy daily driving also light and mid throttle. Do you think my pump will have any effect without the plate and and the rack plug i have in there? The pump put out 600cc with full cuts when seth benched it.

Do you have a cam? Looks to me like you have it tuned pretty good. For a first time run thats a great time!

Do you have traction bars?

No im running the stock cam, i am deff going to put one in this winter i should have this past winter.

no traction bars, its pretty much stock suspension with 2" add a leafs in the rear and a 2.5" leveling kit in the front with country tough shocks. Maybe the 5th wheel in the back and hitch help with some of the traction?

I just went to the scales and weighed her she came in at about 6390 with me in it so yesterday with the fuel i figure it was 6420 or so with diesel around 8lbs per gallon. So maybe im a little under powered with the weight?

Time looks pretty good to me. A better 60ft will help a bunch.

according to the hp calculator i feel like im a little under what i was hoping for this set-up.

At 6420lbs and a 111.45 trap that puts me around 603 at the wheels. Shouldnt i be up around the 700 area with the set-up i have? I feel like she has more in her. maybe the .022 are hurting up top and putting out the flame a little bit or the timing isnt high enough.

-Mike

Try making some more passes with your setup. Get use to how it launches and runs with your current setup. Methodically making one change at a time and making a few passes will tell you where you get your biggest gains for your setup.

I'd say ya need a bit more fuel for 700. Different delivery valves and no plate would probably be easiest and cheapest.

I'd say ya need a bit more fuel for 700. Different delivery valves and no plate would probably be easiest and cheapest.

Sounds like he has plenty of fuel available considering he has the plate pulled all the way back. Slide the plate and maybe a little more injector would be a good start IMO.

Back