Fixing cracked dash

Big Smoky

Former 35er Electrician!
I'm trying to fix the cracked dash on my '95 and was looking at a carpet dash mat then started looking at the hard replacement covers. I then started to look at the actual dash on the truck and it looks like the top cap of the dash comes off seperate from the dash. Do they make this cap that just replaces the factory one or is that what the hard replacement cover is? All the ads I've seen for the covers say it goes over the existing one. I'd like to just get an OEM replacement if possible instead of sticking something over the cracked dash top. Thanks

Yep, just like that. Thanks. Thats much cheaper than Geno's Garage too.

Remember that the LMCs are cheaper and DIFFERENT than Genos. The LMC sits over what is left of original dash and Geno's REPLACES the original dash and bolts into place...If the dash is broken around the screw mounts, it will still bounce around when the LMC is "glued" into place.

Very true. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice that it didn't have the clips in front for the bezel. Just gonna save up and go with Genos

Just go to your local junk yard and you can pick up an original dash for like 20-30 bucks. Thats all I paid for mine. There were like 5-6 of them at mine that were all in good shape. I thought about getting all of them and then selling them. Remember that they are all the same from 94-01 1500-3500 series.

Just go to your local junk yard and you can pick up an original dash for like 20-30 bucks. Thats all I paid for mine. There were like 5-6 of them at mine that were all in good shape. I thought about getting all of them and then selling them. Remember that they are all the same from 94-01 1500-3500 series.
It's only 94-97, the 98's and newer have a different dash.

this is what i did.

1 month later it has cracks all over it:kick:

this is what i did.

1 month later it has cracks all over it:kick:

Dang, Well I do see that you are from Florida so I guess the sun down there would really get to it. You might have to go the dash mat route.

I pulled out all of my interior and painted it black, even the dash. And just armorall the sh!t out of it. Havent had any problems with it cracking yet.

Last edited:
Bought myself a new OEM piece from this Ebay store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ram-1994-1997-GRAY-Dash-Panel-TOP-New-OEM-Mopar-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25604ce987QQitemZ160529443207QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Forget about those pieces of s... that come over the original dash top. This replaces the orignal one and being OEM, it fits like it should be.

Also remember that if you buy a used one then that part too has had it's share of the sun and is very prone to cracking. The new ones are not. I took care of the sensitivity to sun by painting mine with the correct interior color my truck has. Remember, NO glossy color there.

Last edited:
Back