Flat spots in slicks?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Will the tires develop flat spots if I leave the truck parked on the slicks lets say on gravel driveway? or in the garage? :redx:

Never hurts to put a set of jackstands under it if its going to be parked for more than a couple days.

The worst part is leaving them out in the sun, the rubber on Drag slicks is not UV protected and will derogate quickly if left in the sun. It would not hurt to leave them on the ground, if they have the enough air in them, just put them on something nice and smooth, not rough gravel and cover them up from direct sunlight.
Drag slicks are usually only good for so long after the first burn out, this a common part of why people get lost on a tune up, or set up. Thinking that slicks last forever. In the spring get a new pair of shoes ,

SuperSonic said:
Never hurts to put a set of jackstands under it if its going to be parked for more than a couple days.
The proper way to go unless you want to return and have rock dimpled flat spots.... Set the vehicle up off the ground, not using the suspension, if you can, so the vehicle weight is off the springs and slicks, and add some extra air into the slicks so they maintain their roundness during storage, and check them from time to time during storage as the air psi may drop down.... Preferred way is to remove slicks bolt on some regular rollaround tires take slicks and lay them on their sides with some cardboard under them and between em :rockwoot: I like my slicks kept round if their intended to be used the following season.. and the suspension will like the weight kept off it while in stroage as well.

Last edited:
My ET Streets on my drag car will flat spot. Last time it sat for a little over 2 months they had flat spots, but went away within the first couple of miles driving them. Its up on jack stands now.

Back