Fleece 2nd gen swap kit for 06 common rail

Rogue Diesel

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my turbo on my on 06. I am looking at the Fleece S463/83/.90/T4 with the steed speed manifold. I'm looking to achevie 500 rwhp and still be a daily driver that is dependable.

Anyone running this setup? Thoughts? What else will I need to up grade other than the clutch (g56)?

Current upgrades
Air dog 150
Intake plenum
Intake elbow
Exhaust
Gauges
Cp3 bag of parts
Ats manifold

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 0
You should be able to attain your goal of 500 rwhp as your truck sits now with just good tuning. If you're dead set on changing the turbo, then i'd also look into some good valve springs just to help keep everything happy.

One thing I want to avoid is exsessive black smoke and decreased fuel mileage. Will tuning it result in that? I want it to burn as clean as possible. I'm not super green or anything, I just don't like the idea of driving down the road and every time I accelerate, it pours black smoke. The only experience I have with a tune was a smarty that put in it about 6 years ago and all it did was piss black smoke, add some hp, and kill mpg. I pulled it out immediately and returned it. That's why I'm a little hesitant with tuning it.

HP Tuner for us 03-05 guys is custom tuning, not box tunes. Your tuner of choice can make the truck do whatever it is you ask. I've currently got 150% S&S injectors on a stock cps/turbo and it's 75% cleaner than stock injectors and a smarty. The tuner allowed to turn the fuel down enough to make everything work well until I can move forward with my build. It's not a must for most but once you fully understand what it's capabilities are, it's a no Brainerd. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HP Tuner for us 03-05 guys is custom tuning, not box tunes. Your tuner of choice can make the truck do whatever it is you ask. I've currently got 150% S&S injectors on a stock cps/turbo and it's 75% cleaner than stock injectors and a smarty. The tuner allowed to turn the fuel down enough to make everything work well until I can move forward with my build. It's not a must for most but once you fully understand what it's capabilities are, it's a no Brainerd. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Was that with just a tune? What other work did you have done other than the transmission?
That was a tune and transmission, no other mods. Stock in tank lift pump, rail pressure never dropped. Firepunk wrote me the tune.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

One thing I want to avoid is exsessive black smoke and decreased fuel mileage. Will tuning it result in that? I want it to burn as clean as possible. I'm not super green or anything, I just don't like the idea of driving down the road and every time I accelerate, it pours black smoke. The only experience I have with a tune was a smarty that put in it about 6 years ago and all it did was piss black smoke, add some hp, and kill mpg. I pulled it out immediately and returned it. That's why I'm a little hesitant with tuning it.

As long as you have a reputable tuner, then you shouldn't have excessive smoke. As others have stated, HP Tuners is the way to go for these 03-05 trucks. I dyno'd right at 500rwhp with a completely stock truck, air/fuel wise, and a built transmission. My truck also ran mid 13's with no smoke whatsoever.

Back