FMS owners step in please..

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
Got a little worry bouncing around the back of my brain, and I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this.

I've had an FMS for about 4-5 years now. Back with the stock VP, I noticed that every now and then the FMS would freak out and display random symbols and garbage every now and then. I couldn't really find a rhyme or reason when it happened, and it seemed to be mostly random. I'd just key off and key back on and be on my way.

About 2 years ago the factory VP died. Turned a corner, and it was like someone reached over and flipped the key off. Fried the computer (not a mechanical failure.) Found out that this happens, and didn't think much more of it.

With the new VP, I noticed that the FMS almost never popped all the jargon and weird symbols. In fact, I pretty much forgot that it would do that every now and then and didn't think much about how it suddenly stopped with the new VP.

Flash forward to today. On the way to work it did it twice to me. Once again, no reason I could figure out. So now I'm a little worried I might be losing yet another VP.

Has anyone with an FMS noticed something like this happen before they lose the pump? Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance!

Mine did it occasionally. I was told it had to do with a bad connection in the fuse box. It was so random, I never got around to doing anything about it.

Got a little worry bouncing around the back of my brain, and I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this.

I've had an FMS for about 4-5 years now. Back with the stock VP, I noticed that every now and then the FMS would freak out and display random symbols and garbage every now and then. I couldn't really find a rhyme or reason when it happened, and it seemed to be mostly random. I'd just key off and key back on and be on my way.

About 2 years ago the factory VP died. Turned a corner, and it was like someone reached over and flipped the key off. Fried the computer (not a mechanical failure.) Found out that this happens, and didn't think much more of it.

With the new VP, I noticed that the FMS almost never popped all the jargon and weird symbols. In fact, I pretty much forgot that it would do that every now and then and didn't think much about how it suddenly stopped with the new VP.

Flash forward to today. On the way to work it did it twice to me. Once again, no reason I could figure out. So now I'm a little worried I might be losing yet another VP.

Has anyone with an FMS noticed something like this happen before they lose the pump? Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance!

if you want to try something else, I'll take it off your hands

I think you may be on to something... I have been through several VP's and symptoms generally start along with the FMS acting wonky.

yeah I can't complain, i have been on the same pump for almost 100k

Back