For anyone stalling on a new turbo for their 6.0 diesel, don't

MMAguy

I just got mine from brown's diesel. Prices are due to go due as they extremely underpriced these guys. I will have everything installed and running/towing wednesday probably and will answer as many pms and calls as possible. The salespeople relized they priced the turbo's WAY too low, no core charge, all brand new internals, 64mm inducer, will handle 175 HP over a stock turbo with the same or better spoolup, probably better milage from lower drive pressure. Buy it now and wait til mine is installed. If you don't like it, send it back. Where else are you gonna get a brand new vgt turbo equivalent to elite's-ss's (not knocking them by any means), no core and for under $1,700? I paid well under but it may have been a buddy deal. Check it out, prices go up next month. it sounded perfect for my application. N ow I'm just hoping to be able to afford a set of 155's from trusted peeformance while I am at it...

Just an fyi, I would be very supprised if your VGT will out perform the new turbos we have. They are due to hit in a couple months with a pre-sale coming next month

I just got mine from brown's diesel. Prices are due to go due as they extremely underpriced these guys. I will have everything installed and running/towing wednesday probably and will answer as many pms and calls as possible. The salespeople relized they priced the turbo's WAY too low, no core charge, all brand new internals, 64mm inducer, will handle 175 HP over a stock turbo with the same or better spoolup, probably better milage from lower drive pressure. Buy it now and wait til mine is installed. If you don't like it, send it back. Where else are you gonna get a brand new vgt turbo equivalent to elite's-ss's (not knocking them by any means), no core and for under $1,700? I paid well under but it may have been a buddy deal. Check it out, prices go up next month. it sounded perfect for my application. N ow I'm just hoping to be able to afford a set of 155's from trusted peeformance while I am at it...

yeah...and I'm sure they did a shwack of testing on it too:bang

...no thank you.$.02

You may have got a deal on it....but maybe save your praise until you have some feedback for us...not that a hundred guy's buy these things, and find out they are junk...then they start looking for "you".:Cheer:

modified vgt at any price isn't worth it, I've had two different ones and they both blew chunks including the one that is on my truck. I'll personally be waiting to see the pre sale prices but will be dumping my modded vgt shortly.

Just an fyi, I would be very supprised if your VGT will out perform the new turbos we have. They are due to hit in a couple months with a pre-sale coming next month

Any videos of your prototypes in action?

There are no video’s that we can release. We don’t want to mislead anyone with a video that isn’t exactly what someone will be getting.

I would say that you can expect the turbine housings to help the chargers spool up about 200 rpm’s quicker. Some are a little faster and some are right about there but that is a good estimate. In addition to the quicker spool up, we have had no surge issues (towing or not), back pressures is under control and egt’s are usually better due to the increased amount of air at lower rpms.

Most of these chargers have been stable between 35 and 42 lbs of boost, in all conditions.

I agree but will the turbine housing clamp onto my 6.0L VGT?

the new trusted turbos are non-vgt turbos replacing the garbage under our hoods. And yes when you've had 4 different turbos on your truck and only 120,000miles on your truck your allowed to call it garbage.

There are no video’s that we can release. We don’t want to mislead anyone with a video that isn’t exactly what someone will be getting.

I would say that you can expect the turbine housings to help the chargers spool up about 200 rpm’s quicker. Some are a little faster and some are right about there but that is a good estimate. In addition to the quicker spool up, we have had no surge issues (towing or not), back pressures is under control and egt’s are usually better due to the increased amount of air at lower rpms.

Most of these chargers have been stable between 35 and 42 lbs of boost, in all conditions.

So your saying these non-vgt turbos are going to spool faster and have more boost at lower rpm then the stock vgt. Man those are some really big claims. If this is true, and the back presure is not through the roof, you might just have a winner there! I guess we will have to wait and see??:charger:

the new trusted turbos are non-vgt turbos replacing the garbage under our hoods. And yes when you've had 4 different turbos on your truck and only 120,000miles on your truck your allowed to call it garbage.

The bearings in my second are starting to go now, maybe 8k miles after they replaced it.

Oh and my truck has 33k on it.

Garbage.

My '06 went through 3 Turbo's, Many cleanings, Couple VGT Solinoids in 64K miles.. I woulda loved to gotton rid of that

The only reason the stock VNT sucks is because of the airplane wings garrett used as "vanes". A proper VNT with inconel vanes will obliterate any similarly sized wastegated turbo in spool up speed. Thats why the 6.4L spools up so much faster than the 6.0L.

On my own MB, my VNT will produce 18psi at 2000rpm when the stock turbo is only starting to wake up with 2psi.

The only reason the stock VNT sucks is because of the airplane wings garrett used as "vanes". A proper VNT with inconel vanes will obliterate any similarly sized wastegated turbo in spool up speed. Thats why the 6.4L spools up so much faster than the 6.0L.

On my own MB, my VNT will produce 18psi at 2000rpm when the stock turbo is only starting to wake up with 2psi.

Yes, the new Garret VNT/VGT stuff is way better than the old design. I think some new top shelf VNT stuff is going to be coming out this year.

So we are comparing a VGT turbo to a non-VGT. I guess it's an apples to oranges comparison Trusted in making as far as performance out of the turbo.

So we are comparing a VGT turbo to a non-VGT. I guess it's an apples to oranges comparison Trusted in making as far as performance out of the turbo.

That is what the problem has always been....getting a "Non" vgt turbo to have the same quick spool up as a VGT style turbo, but without all the bad back pressure problems, and poor flow.

Trusted Performance is saying that they have a NON vgt style turbo that will spool faster then a VGT turbo, and have better flow throughout the entire RPM range.

It's not a new turbo just a new turbine housing to allow you to bolt it on without all the adapters that are normally required with a non-VGT turbo.

You honestly think that it took almost two years for them to come up with a turbine housing that just "allows you to bolt it on without all the adaptors that are normally required?"

They have changed the whole damn turbine housing to make it work the BEST with the 6.0L....having the additional benefit of it being a direct bolt in was just another good selling point if you ask me.

Back