for the deisel gurus out there, please offer an opinion

machz1

ok, i have a 07.5 lmm with an edge tuner and 6" stacks going on tommorow. i have a couple questions if you'd please help. first my edge runs 1000-1200egts towing approx 4000-6000 at 70-80 mph is this normal and would going to efi live cool it down a little? 2nd, on a mostly stock motor WHAT is the max egt and for how long? what is max rpm? and my truck is regenerating a couple times in 150 miles on the tow mode, does the 50 hp tune really make that much smoke? and would deleting the regen be a wise idea? i dont have to worry about emissions testing right now. thanks in advance.

ps, ive read and asked these questions on other sites and get an equal amount of different opinions, plus lots of the answers i get seem to be from kids with daddys truck. i want some knowledgable answers from some real deisel tuners.

Last edited:
You can run 1200 all day, once you get up toward 1400 it's too hot for an extended time, such as towing. I'm sure a good efi tow tune could cool it down a little, custom is always better than canned. I'm not a Duramax guy so i don;t have answers for the rest, but if it were my truck I would do the deletes and get efi.

You can run 1200 all day, once you get up toward 1400 it's too hot for an extended time, such as towing. I'm sure a good efi tow tune could cool it down a little, custom is always better than canned. I'm not a Duramax guy so i don;t have answers for the rest, but if it were my truck I would do the deletes and get efi.

thanks, if i step on it towing she'll go over 1400 and stay there till it starts shifting out then it cools down.

Your gonna HATE the 6" Stack exhaust. Every Morning! Hey but if you dont mind washing your truck EVERY DAY.

WHAT A MESS all over the truck... It gets old..

Your gonna HATE the 6" Stack exhaust. Every Morning! Hey but if you dont mind washing your truck EVERY DAY.

WHAT A MESS all over the truck... It gets old..

snow and rain getting in? if so i was thinking about some stack covers at night.

ok, i have a 07.5 lmm with an edge tuner and 6" stacks going on tommorow. i have a couple questions if you'd please help. first my edge runs 1000-1200egts towing approx 4000-6000 at 70-80 mph is this normal and would going to efi live cool it down a little? 2nd, on a mostly stock motor WHAT is the max egt and for how long? what is max rpm? and my truck is regenerating a couple times in 150 miles on the tow mode, does the 50 hp tune really make that much smoke? and would deleting the regen be a wise idea? i dont have to worry about emissions testing right now. thanks in advance.

ps, ive read and asked these questions on other sites and get an equal amount of different opinions, plus lots of the answers i get seem to be from kids with daddys truck. i want some knowledgable answers from some real deisel tuners.

Exactly!

I don't like Edge's tunes. They are not quality tunes. Highly recommend getting EFI. The tow tune I run on Uziel has trouble getting to 1200* at WOT when empty and wont go over 1400* towing 6000#

Back