Ford 6.0 / DMAX turbo

ShadowTrooper

Just a-creepin....
I'm running a 03 6.0 turbo on a 12v Cummins, and soon its going to be a secondary with a gtx4508 or he551ve primary and a few other goodies in an experimental build.

I want to see if it is possible to run a lly/lbz dmax chra (water cooled and has a vane position sensor) with the 6.0 turbine housings and shaft. Much prefer the small 58mm wheel on the 6.0 shaft for low end spool if possible.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Why would you worry about spool with a Vgt? A Dmax turbo should light instantaneous jut like the 6.0 turbo

This is on a standard trans, going any bigger won't be in compressor efficiency at, say, 14-1500 rpm. If it were auto I really wouldn't care.

I'd just like the vane position sensor really, it will help with the accuracy of the vgt part of the home brew ecm I'm programming. The water cooled deal is nice too.

When you say 58mm turbine wheel from the 6.0, you're implying a clipped wheel right because the stock turbine wheels on the 6.0's aren't that small.

Here are the mesurements of the wheels:

INDUCER: 72.6MM
EXDUCER: 66.5MM
10-BLADE

2004-2005
INDUCER: 72.5MM
EXDUCER: 66.5MM
13-BLADE

2005-2007
INDUCER: 72.5MM
EXDUCER: 64.0MM
13-BLADE

You're right. I read his comment wrong. He wants to Dmax compressor wheel couple to the 6.0 shaft/turbine housing. Got it! :doh: Just means he needs to couple the right turbine wheel to the right compressor wheel because that could change the effectiveness of the turbo at some point. Not sure that him swapping to a 58mm would do that but that's something worth considering.

Last edited:
Back