Ford guy needs help with boss's new lml

forfun7.3

Ok so he has an 2011 duramax 1 ton and he is getting 7.8 avg mpg. I know just enough to get him in trouble but he doesn't really want to delete dpf just yet. He just doesn't want to get into trouble with his warranty.

I'm sure the tunes would still show up on his computer but is there any tunes you can run with dpf and still get some better performance and economy?

Thanks fellas.

Not sure if H&S has DPF/SCR compatible tuning or not. they're about the only ones offering something at the moment.

Yeah saw them when I was searching but couldn't find my answer ...thanks man

That seems like awful low mileage for an lml. Most people we have talked to are getting in the mid to high teens.

Well his truck is a 1 ton 4 door loaded. alum flatbed. Hillsborough i think is how u spell it. 63 gallon tank/tanks. 7.8 is what his computer says. whether thats correct i have zero idea.

How much idling does he do? Because that will kill the milage fast than you can say blown head gaskets. I notice about a 3-4 MPG difference from when I idle a lot in the winter to when I don't.

that's either a wrong number or he has a mechanical issue....

does he let it idle much? is he using decent quality urea?

I beleive H&S has dpf friendly tunes. You really wont see any mpg gains with the dpf intach though. :(

ts has an mp8 available for the truck also.. my bro put one on his '11 chevy, and it only gets 14 mpg still, and it idea almost all day long, have him hand calculate and see what he is actually getting

that sounds stupid low, but if you want better fuel economy or more power the dpf and emissions system has to disappear, there's some tuners out there for trucks that want to leave em on, but you're running the same risk I think with warranties when it comes to those, the dealer will know if you had a tuner on them and will automatically blame it when something goes out

has the dealer looked at it ? that is stupid low mileage. they can't say that's normal

new to the site, but i have had a few dmax's currently a '05 lly for sled pulling/racing and a new '11 lml.

3/4 ton 4 door, empty i get 16.5 to 19 per tank depending on how i drive and how often regen happens per tank (according to the dash mpg not hand calc) Pulling my 25ft flatbed goose neck with my 8k lbs truck i get roughly 12-13 overall. thats on a bone stock lml

Do you know if he has taken it into the dealer to do the DEF recall flash on it? i know some people have been complaining about that causing a more frequent regen which would make his fuel mileage make more sense to me...

i had my def recall performed, and it now regenerates WAAAYY less than it used. and also picked up .5-1 mpg

h&s now offers delete tuning, and there are many dpf and egr delete piping kits on market.

alligatorperformance.com has packages.

spend about $1700 bucks and be done with it. no more def, dpf, regen egr problems.

i had my def recall performed, and it now regenerates WAAAYY less than it used. and also picked up .5-1 mpg

h&s now offers delete tuning, and there are many dpf and egr delete piping kits on market.

alligatorperformance.com has packages.

spend about $1700 bucks and be done with it. no more def, dpf, regen egr problems.

And be done With your warranty too.

Just a little fyi. If your boss is worried about warranty, any time the ecm has been programmed the history shows up. Fastest way to a warranty block.

He needs to take it to the dealer something is wrong.

Back