Ford master cylinder with Dodge nv4500 slave cylinder

BlackStroker

Need some help asap, on my pulling truck I have a brand new ford super duty master cylinder. I pulled the line out of the dodge master I was using last year and it fits just the same into the ford master with the small roll pin that hold the line in. So.....I've been trying to bleed this setup and I cannot get the clutch to disengage enough to change gears while running. It's almost like the ford master cylinder doesn't have enough stroke/displacement to push the slave enough to release the clutch. Has anyone tried running this setup? I'm out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.

Ok, that is good news, thank you. Do you have any suggestions for proper bleeding? So far, what I have done is pull the slave off and hold it below the master with the hose horizontal and pushed the slave plumber in by hand, Ive got no air bubbles coming out in the reserve bottle. Any tips on bleeding would be great, thank you.

It's a messy job but you'll need to fill the slave with fluid before you connect the hose. Then fill the reservoir and pump the master to remove the air. The trick is to keep the end of the hose higher than the master so any trapped air floats upward, once both the slave and master with the hose are air-free connect the hose to the slave. If there is a slight bit of air trapped it should work it's way out. Remember, if the end of the hose hangs downward fluid will run out and air will replace it. Good luck!

Last edited:
I always take the slave loose, and push it in and out slowly, that will bleed all the air out of the slave.

Back