Ford performance question

HOOCH

Hey guys, I wandered over here from the cummins side of things and I'm looking for some info for my uncle that has a 7.3 (last year in the super duty). Well anyways he was asking me some questions wanting to know how to get more power out of it with spending an arm and leg. And well I know nothing about fords so I thought I'd ask the pros over here. So what are some good upgrades that won't kill the bank acct?

What's his goal? Is he looking for turner upgrade HP or going hard parts like injectors and turbo?

he just has the basics, exhaust, CAI. I know at the time he dont wanna drop a ton of coin on hard parts like injectors, turbo unless there is no other option for decent power. And yes the truck is an 03.

So say we go with the TS 6 position chip, and we wanna go hard parts what injector turbo set up is the bees knees?

he just has the basics, exhaust, CAI. I know at the time he dont wanna drop a ton of coin on hard parts like injectors, turbo unless there is no other option for decent power. And yes the truck is an 03.

So say we go with the TS 6 position chip, and we wanna go hard parts what injector turbo set up is the bees knees?

He's got PMR rods so you can't go too strong. And for cheap, just keep the stock turbo for the horsepower you are limited to.

How much power are you looking for and does he tow with it?

Not really shooting for any specific number just want to be able to haul his double car hauler with out getting passed by every car on the road cause he can't keep the speed up.

230/30 hybrid injectors with a 38r is a great all around DD I ran my truck like that for a few years. Give the guys at swamps a shout for tuning and injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

230/30 hybrid injectors with a 38r is a great all around DD I ran my truck like that for a few years. Give the guys at swamps a shout for tuning and injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, but he'll need forged or billet rods and headstuds to be reliable with it like that although some people get lucky. Diesel Innovations is another one for 7.3 tuning and injectors. That's who had done everything on my orange truck.

I would tell him to just get the chip first from Diesel Innovations or Swamp's or whoever, and see how he likes that first. From untuned to tuned is a pretty big jump. He may be happy with just that. Or he could be screwed like the rest of us. LOL

Last edited:
I would tell him to just get the chip first from Diesel Innovations or Swamp's or whoever, and see how he likes that first. From untuned to tuned is a pretty big jump. He may be happy with just that.

Quoted for emphasis.

Chip, intake, exhaust, and gauges will get him started nicely, and be a nice kick in the pants. If that's not enough power, then everything he's done to that point will not be wasted, since he'll need all those mods anyway to go any further.

Back