Found on craigslist - 99 Ram 2500 Crew Cab conversion

aka_chewy

Saw this on craigslist and thought i'd throw it out here in case anyone is looking; I've seen a lot of folks talk about them.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5169970065.html

00w0w_bFqQwVVuwZU_600x450.jpg

00u0u_hFWHaaafzJU_600x450.jpg

500 5.9 cummings diesel. 5 speed Manuel. Professionally built Mega Cab conversation by Bayer. 180,000 miles. New HD clutch,and transmission.motor is perfect. NICE TRUCK

That gives me a good basis as to what mine will be worth with the body work done should I choose to sell it :D

Man do I love crewcab 2nd gens...

Gawd that truck is beautiful. Whenever I see these 2nd gen crews from the side they remind me of a chevy crew.

I'll buy it this weekend...

right after I win the lotto

That's probably the best looking 2nd gen conversion I've seen. Reasonably priced for what it is too, I was expecting to open it up to him wanting 30k.

Typically I DO NOT like these... However I truly like this one and I feel it has to be very very fairly priced.

Wonder if it's rusting underneath on the pieces they added to the cab for the conversion?

Wonder if it's rusting underneath on the pieces they added to the cab for the conversion?

That's the very first place mine started rotting. Bayers must not have spot blasted the HAZ of their welds as the the body filler, primer/paint, undercoating didn't stick there. There wasn't any rust on the body in any visible area.

Yep, mine was rusted underneath pretty bad. Sucks they can't coat that stuff like the factory can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones I've seen were fiberglass rear doors, and were they weld on the rear section they rust out fast.

My rear doors are metal. How do I know this? Because the skins are separating and rotting underneath the body filler...

Back