FPRV O-ring (HP fuel leak at rail)

will24

That guy
Guys,

Can anyone give me the GM part # for the o-ring on the FPRV? A friend of mine dropped a truck off with a hell of a fuel leak, appears to be coming right out of the back of the rail, it has a PPE race valve installed. Has anyone seen any other leaks out of the rail?

If no one has the part #, does anyone at least have the specs for the o-ring? I know it's metric.

There's no oring that will seal the amount of pressure that in a CR fuel system. All high pressure fuel connections that I'm familiar with are a steel on steel seal.

The valve seals it's face against the rail surface. The o ring's most likely to seal out the dirt/ 2nd line of defense.
I'd check the sealing surface . Was it aggravatingly tight when you removed it? If not it may just not have been tight enough.

Was there not an issue with those being overtightened and leaking?
I may be off on that, just seems like I remember something about that?

As tight as they are from GM I don't think it's humanly possible to over tighten them , haha

When putting it back in, I always put a little grease(prolong is my choice) on it so it doesn't bind and cut the oring and you definitely have to put the PDT to it!

Back