Fraternal Twins

mhuppertz

My Eaton M90 supercharger came yesterday, and I plan on mounting it in a “blow through” configuration. I am going to make brackets and mount it above the exhaust manifold and blow into the turbo. I will mount a vacuum gauge between them to assure the turbo doesn’t try to suck the guts out of the supercharger. If it does show any vacuum at all, I will put a spring loaded vacuum flap between the two that will tee into the BHAF tube. My belief is that if I can have 10-15PSI before the turbo spools I should really improve efficiency and drivability. My Stage IV hybrid is faster than stink once it finally spools, and the 16cm exhaust housing is a perfect balance for the compressor size, but they are seriously laggy at this altitude.
Just have to find or make a double pulley for my fan mount pulley.
Should be fun though.

2012-07-27172431.jpg

2012-07-27172354.jpg

i'm going to go get my 4BT from storage and see if the bolt layout on the head and block are the same as on my 6BT. If they are I can mock up my blower mounts on that dude.

I would recommend a good strong piece of oak or better yet Hickory to dampen the vibration between the blower and the alternator bracket.

I would recommend a good strong piece of oak or better yet Hickory to dampen the vibration between the blower and the alternator bracket.

:Dis that how the first Gen guys do it?

I will have a 1.77 ratio with my setup, which means 5,300 RPM blower speed at 3,000 RPM. That will probably be under boosted, but it's a good starting point maybe. What do you guys think?

Although, it might be perfect...

ct_128485.gif

Oops, I needed to multiply 2.6 * .833...
It's actually 2.17:1
I'm math challenged....
That will give me a 6,500 at 3,000 crank speed. That should be actually perfect.

If my pulley system does not create enough boost at low RPM, I may mount an A/C compressor clutch pulley that will cut out when equilibrium is reached between the SC output and turbo inlet, and setup a bypass. That way I can overdrive the crap out of it at low RPM's when i need the boost most and kick it out automatically when the turbo kicks in.

Wouldn't it be easier to do a bypass valve only like turbolver has on his setups rather than doing the clutch type setup also? If you do bypass it, it effectively takes away the parasitic loss from the SC unless you plan to overdrive it so much that max blower rpm is achieved extremely early in the rpm. But a down side of the setup by doing it that way IMO would be the high parasitic loss down low would kind of work against the power you get from the extra boost down low. I honestly would just aim for a few pounds of boost at idle and then bypass the SC when the turbo starts to light a bit. Definitely will take some tuning though...

turbolver.

Key word...

The whole AC clutch makes perfect sense since you would loose the parasitic loss after the big turbo takes over making boost. That would probably net a 100+hp up top since you dont have to turn the blower 6k while its doing nothing for boost :clap:

Last edited:
Back