Fraternal Twins

Key word...

The whole AC clutch makes perfect sense since you would loose the parasitic loss after the big turbo takes over making boost. That would probably net a 100+hp up top since you dont have to turn the blower 6k while its doing nothing for boost :clap:

Most of the power loss from a supercharger is from trying to make boost at high rpm, with a turbo building boost on the inlet side of the super most of the drag will be eliminated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Most of the power loss from a supercharger is from trying to make boost at high rpm, with a turbo building boost on the inlet side of the super most of the drag will be eliminated.

If its blowing through a valve bypassing the supercharger the blower will have no help

Unless you're completely bypassing, it'll still be putting pressure on the inlet side.

That is what I was meaning, totally bypass it. The SC would still be spinning but not boosting which would help with the parasitic loss. Tomorrow I will do the math as far as max blower speed compared to rpm. I'm a bit tired now. Lol. But first what is the max rpm on your engine? It is a first gen correct?

Back