freak accident with my 12v last night

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
coming home from work

cruising at 60 mph, i attemped to speed up a little to crest over a hill, and throttle went straight down with very little response, when i shifted into neutral to try and see if the truck was on, it shut off completely, and throttle stayed down.. kinda scary slowin a shut off 12 valve when its off.. I could have put it in gear and let off the clutch to start it. but was wonderin what happened more than anything...

when it stopped, throttle was completely down, had to get off and move it by hand to put it back.. drove truck, home normal as can be.. and am here and now stumped..

when i press it and the truck is off, its hard for a bit and then it just goes straight down and stays down.. have to manually release it..

throttle return springs look normal, BUT the P pump linkage looks like some crappy plastic thing, not like the steel one that i remember my old truck had, and the cable comes off of that baby hitch type thing really easily...

as far as recalls, i used this

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...ilForm(%27R%27)

it states that it needs the ignition switch and steering shaft recalls.. no mention of the throttle recall

where do i begin to even fix this issue?

thanks guys...

Canz9700 is the part number for a recall on all of the linkage ends. Fairly cheap. $20. Is the arm gettin stuck below the plate somehow?

Canz9700 is the part number for a recall on all of the linkage ends. Fairly cheap. $20. Is the arm gettin stuck below the plate somehow?

not that i can tell, but I havent taken the plate out yet to see what it is.. im guessing its a mild plate if any on it, im workin on some odds n ends on it right now. IC boots, did the return line, feed line, fluid changes on everything, and just was driving it out of an emergency need. But i ran it hard and open yesterday and today, and other than no boost and alot of smoke, throttle came up easy... so im not sure what the deal is...

Back