Free Mods?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just got a 160hp 95 Dodge 4x4, what do you guys think I'll make with no fuel plate and a timing bump? Anybody have dyno numbers with similar mods?

Just got a 160hp 95 Dodge 4x4, what do you guys think I'll make with no fuel plate and a timing bump? Anybody have dyno numbers with similar mods?

180s, 131s, 20.75, GSK, exhaust manifold, no plate, modded AFC, 18.5cm exhaust housing, retorqued headbolts, turned barrels, and a taurus fan got me 382hp and 1000tq. though my stock clutch was slipping and im damn sure your auto wont hold that much.

Garrett

131's, 4k GSK, no fuel plate, airdog 150 modded AFC, DDP 75 hp injectors, Rack plug, 16.5*, And turned barrels. That got me 391hp and 862tq. Since then Ive Added more timing to 21* a super hx40, and alot more AFC tuning and I'm 400 or better now.

Me and speeddeamon have dang near the same setup.

131's, 4k GSK, no fuel plate, airdog 150 modded AFC, DDP 75 hp injectors, Rack plug, 16.5*, And turned barrels. That got me 391hp and 862tq. Since then Ive Added more timing to 21* a super hx40, and alot more AFC tuning and I'm 400 or better now.

im sure i could easily hit 400 with my airdog installed, rack plug is in now, timing confirmed at over 20*, my DD installed, and the better exhaust housing i have now.

Garrett

it's about time you get a p-pump, now you just gotta start pulling, it is 4wd so that must be what you bought it for:poke:

Also not sure what you plan on doing with it but my 160 ran pretty decent, I went 12.2 with the 518 fuel only. I had ddp4's, ground plate all the way forward, 66 turbo, full cut delivery valves and the bigger holders, and just a 4k gov spring kit. Timing was only at 20 degrees and the boost was turned down cause I was running nitrous that day, so it had more in it for sure. Now that I think about it i had a rack plug to so maybe I didn't have the plate in.
Not sure how much power it made but you could put it in the calculater, it was about 6400 lbs if I remember correctly.

New project for the mag? Thought I saw you (or someone) asking what the next one should be, a p-pumped Dodge, Duramax, or something else. Good to see another Dodge

180s, 131s, 20.75, GSK, exhaust manifold, no plate, modded AFC, 18.5cm exhaust housing, retorqued headbolts, turned barrels, and a taurus fan got me 382hp and 1000tq. though my stock clutch was slipping and im damn sure your auto wont hold that much.

Garrett

i wouldn't call those free mods.......get rid of the plate or grind your own, tune the afc, bump the timing and that will take care of the tranny for you

I would just add a stright pipe and build ur own down pipe to cool it a little better.

i might dyno on the 14th at II. stock itake,exhaust, turbo,just 4k springs and played with the pump

Also not sure what you plan on doing with it but my 160 ran pretty decent, I went 12.2 with the 518 fuel only. I had ddp4's, ground plate all the way forward, 66 turbo, full cut delivery valves and the bigger holders, and just a 4k gov spring kit. Timing was only at 20 degrees and the boost was turned down cause I was running nitrous that day, so it had more in it for sure. Now that I think about it i had a rack plug to so maybe I didn't have the plate in.
Not sure how much power it made but you could put it in the calculater, it was about 6400 lbs if I remember correctly.

Relax Cole, I'm talking about the free and cheap stuff, although I can see you're excited I own a second gen now LOL :cheer:

i wouldn't call those free mods.......get rid of the plate or grind your own, tune the afc, bump the timing and that will take care of the tranny for you

ok, GSK cost money, exhaust manifold did but you can just port the stocker, exh housing was like $40, and the taurus fan was $20 plus a little wiring. i dont exactly call those big mods and like he just said, "cheap".

Garrett

No fuel plate, perform the afc mods, spend $125 or whatever on 4k springs, and have fun roaching your stock auto! I drove around on my stock auto anywhere from 380-485 rwhp for a few years it sucked but it some what survived lol. If I was you before I ever considered injectors or a turbo change i'd put down for a trans or atleast upgrade what you have.

There's a point where you NEED to spend a little cash, GSK, Injectors, intake exhaust. You know the basic stuff.

If you were going totally free mods you can always tighten down the gov. springs. Rotating the barrels is free too! :ft:

If you just pull the plate and bump the timing, I think you'll make about 210-225 to the wheels.

If you modify the AFC, (25 minute project), plug the wastegate for more boost (5 minute project), and modify the overflow valve (10 minute project), I think you'll dyno 250-300 HP.

sarcasm?

or have you really done this?

I believe Ron plays around with injectors. I'm not for certain but i'm guessing adding lift to the pintle or lift collar of each injector is a bit beyond the average joe most of us are.

Back