kmkdiesel

Here are some pics of my number #1 piston and head

IMG00036-1.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00029.jpg

IMG00028.jpg

IMG00027.jpg

Damn...That sucks. Dealer covering any of it? Or is it your baby?

Reading his sig., I would say he's got the ketchup bottle out...as he'll be eating that bill.

Ugly stuff there..:frown:

Damn...That sucks. Dealer covering any of it? Or is it your baby?

the dealer is actually going to cover it, new block, head and turbo are on there way they told me next one is mine, which I am glad they even covered this one, probably going to put the truck mainly back to stock and build up another one for pulling

Treat that dealer how you would treat your mother from now on. :)

Sucks to have the carnage, but those are some neat pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

the dealer is actually going to cover it, new block, head and turbo are on there way they told me next one is mine, which I am glad they even covered this one, probably going to put the truck mainly back to stock and build up another one for pulling

Wow....I'd be buying pizza or something for the service department..

Wow....I'd be buying pizza or something for the service department..

I second that, they are doing you a huge favor with all those aftermarket mods......unless your dad, other relative or good friend owns that dealership or something.

Joe

What kind of egt were you seeing, is there a lot of timing with the edge? How did all of the other pistons look? This surprises me since you have a water system on the truck.

all other pistons are good and the other cylinders still have the cross hatching in them i have seen 1800+ on short bursts with out the water a few times the edge doesnt have much timing at all

So they just giving you the new parts or are they rebuilding it? Looked like you tore it down yourself.

ok just talked to the tech and he was at training all last week and looking at the problems I had and talking up there this is what they decided more than likely happened, the valve stuck in the valve guide, which also caused the rocker piece to break that they replaced at first leaving the valve stuck open well you guess did the rest of the damage, they havent seen it alot on the 6.7s but they have seen it

you are very lucky I would be thankful for that and use it as a tow rig from here on out :rockwoot:

Back