Friend needing help

ROSKOE115

SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
I have a friend with a 2001 24v that is having electrical issues. I have searched and failed at it. All the guages are dead besides the tach. AC is not working but the truck is running fine, it just flashes no bus. He has replaced the batterie terminals and eliminated the altinator gray quick connect. Also checked the other gray plug and put dielectric grease in it. The truck has an edge juice airdog 150 and has a manual transmission.

What do you think is the issue?

Alternator is only pushing 12.85 v. But not losing any with the lights on.

ecm or pcm?.... and I think one of the fuses that reads spare is in fact not a spare, but a ecm fuse or something like that..... don't quote me on that though

There are a couple of fuses inside the cab that have to do with that. IIRC, they are big and silver.

Pull the plug off the ECM clean it and the male parts on the ecm, lightly coat with di electric grease and see if that does it.

have him check the terminals in the fuse box under the hood to be sure the small black one is tight. It takes a 10mm socket. Ive had similar issues like that and that nut was loose. Very common when I do frame off builds and just finger start the nut and forget to tighten it.

BTW...starter spacer came...thanks!!!

Thanks for your responses. Chris Your got my second to last starter spacers. I was out after that but I have some now. I will be going to work on this truck in the next few days and I will try all these things and see which one works. I'll let you know what I come up with. Keep the ideas coming.

Also sorry for hacking up the spelling on the first post. I am having hell with this phone mixing with my stupidity.

Back