Frogs Tunes - Direct Injection Performance

COTTS4x4

Anyone running these tunes? I just talked to Doug today and am going to get an SCT Xcalibrator II from him next week. He has a guy that distributes his stuff not too far from me and I will be heading over there to get set up and meet the guys over there that can hook me up with warranty work when needed.

What tunes are you running from him? Anyone had any problems out of them? Anything special I should ask for in my tuning?

Can anyone compare his tunes to others by DJ & Innovative and others? Either way I am going with these three from Doug, but if there is something else out there that is a must have I will look into getting that one eventually.

I talked to him about adding the power of the street tune to the tow file like Carssucks truck has and he said that was no problem. Also going to get his street and Gonzo files. I don't tow anything to speak of with my truck being lifted 8" on 38's and a 16" drop hitch. I also have traction bars on the way for it.

I dont know any of these guys/tuners from online, but who says to call them on Fathers Day (Sunday) to discuss what I want and says to call him at anytime of the night because he is probably up? Such as last night when I think he said he was up until 3 or 4am.

Thanks,
Scott

Here is the truck it will going in - 2004 F350 with 11,000 miles
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...y.ten?id=20634

i run dougs tunes and he has made me probaly 15 tunes for my truck and out of the 15 one didn't work right but we went back to his house and fixed it right up. doug is a great guy and he does stand behind his tunes

I have a couple of Doug's tunes. I'm on 8" and 38's with a John Woods tranny that I haven't been able to shift perfectly. Doug took the time to send me a file to try and then follow-up with an "update" while he was on the road. At one time, I think he was in a parking lot, on the laptop trying to email me a file while connecting with his cell phone....

Very good guy.

yea he sent me one also while he was on the road but it wasn't for my truck

we run his tow file and his gonzo file and i love his tunes and he is really helpful too!

I just got mine all done and I am impressed to say the least. Tranny is perfect and the smoke is just right. I am happy as a pig in ****. I have talked to Doug twice today while he was making sure everything was perfect with it. Now I just have to figure out how to make the 38's hook up better.

Me and Gonzo had a great ride home!

Thanks for all your help,
Scott

I'm afraid to launch it in 4wd right now. I have 5" Deaver rear springs which are supposed to be the best riding rear springs on the market, and they are... but I am getting axle wrap from hell right now. My traction bars are on the way so once they arrive I will launch it in 4wd and see what happens. Right now it is on the edge of breaking from all this axle wrap, but is spins the heck out of the tires, barks second gear everytime and smokes like a freight train!

Scott

I find that Doug's tunes have more low end response with less lag that other tuners files I have tried. The trade off is more smoke off the line, but I am OK with that.

I'm definatley satisfied with what Doug as done for me. I have not dyno'd but I heard we are in the range of over 400hp on the ground & 860 ft/lbs of torque... but this is just what I have heard. My truck gets after it off the line, it does roll some smoke but I dont have a whole lot of turbo lag... it spools up really quick. Then it breaks the 38's loose and were off to the races. Smokes them right through second gear.

I need to call Doug up and see if he has any kind of warranty through SCT on my rear tires :evil Maybe he will hook me up since I put one of his stickers on my window :cool:

Back