front aftermarket coil over set up

2Tone12V

Looking to put a good set of afco coilovers on the front of my 95 dodge. Anyone have any photos of how this set up should be done? Looking mainly for upper and lower mounting set up.
I'd take pics of a rear set up also if you got em.

Last edited:
I have a few pics on my phone. Txt me if you want a few. 8122291290

Looking to put a good set of afco coilovers on the front of my 95 dodge. Anyone have any photos of how this set up should be done? Looking mainly for upper and lower mounting set up.
I'd take pics of a rear set up also if you got em.

Get Phil to send you some pics of his

Ours are on a 3rd gen, don't have any pics handy, but I used the stock lower mounts on the axle, and cut off the uppers completely, and just welded on some shock hoops from a 4x4 shop.

No rocket surgery there, everything was straight forward.

I'd love to see some pics as well if anyone is willing to share.

Go to the retirement home in Bowling Green and talk to Caged Fury. You're gonna need some new control arms to get the truck to sit that low.

Ours are on a 3rd gen, don't have any pics handy, but I used the stock lower mounts on the axle, and cut off the uppers completely, and just welded on some shock hoops from a 4x4 shop.

No rocket surgery there, everything was straight forward.
Well that's what my simple thinking told me but I wanted to see first.

Go to the retirement home in Bowling Green and talk to Caged Fury. You're gonna need some new control arms to get the truck to sit that low.

Why not? Shorter shock wouldn't work? I'm not real worried about being much lower to be honest.

Next time I am out at the race truck I will grab a couple pics, or if Torrey has some and is actually feeling up to posting...

I am really horrible about taking pics as I go when I am fabing.

Go on cummins forum.. In the 3rd gen performance section, page5..... The thread is called (the build up), its by rich, from dog house diesel... Its a long thread, but towards the last third there are some good pics of what you want.. Afco coil overs on a 10 sec cummins...3rd gen.. He does my tuning....

Here is a pic I have. It's from an old for sale ad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks guys. I think I got what I need to make it happen. Now I'm scratching my head if the Fleece tower deletes are strong enough to support the coilover set up or not. They weren't really make to...

Thanks guys. I think I got what I need to make it happen. Now I'm scratching my head if the Fleece tower deletes are strong enough to support the coilover set up or not. They weren't really make to...

Was there's any pics you found? Any measurements on shocks? Any other info that you could share about what you found?

Was there's any pics you found? Any measurements on shocks? Any other info that you could share about what you found?

Couple pics posted here and I also spoke to lenahan. I didn't need a whole heck of a lot of info really. Just wanted to see a set up or two.

Last edited:
Back