front drive shaft upgrade

junkyard dog

Anyone ever changed the front drive shaft to be able to run a bigger u-joint? I had a hard time keeping them together before in lifted my truck and now the little 1310 tries to bind up with very little axle articulation. I was thinking maybe just change the bottom(female slip) portion of the shaft for one splined the same but that runs a 1350 or 1410 joint. Have yokes for axle. Any one have any experience with this?

Well the angle is not at all what I would consider bad. The little 1310 joint just doesn't allow for much misalignment at all. Has very little clearance on flat ground.

I do believe the yoke from a 70 can be put on a 60. If what I'm thinking is right, then yes you would be ableto have a 1410 after you hhave your drive line reworked.

I also remember way back when there was a dude who made a newer super duty drive in work up front. I will try to find the thread later today.

The yoke is the same as a 70. I have every size available laying around shop. Would love to find a slip section that is splined the same and just be able to slip and slide and change home to match. I'm going to be on the hunt for a Spicer shaft that is the same spkune and OD but maybe bigger joint.

Thanks a lot. That's not a bad idea. Not exactly what I'm after but close. I probably should clarify that i would just like to upgrade the lower part. At axle end from a 1310 to maybe a 1350

Back