Front end suspention questions...

autoferret

I'm getting parts together to do a 72K service/upgrade.

When I was getting my tires rotated I was looking at my front end and I noticed that all the rubber on tie rods, ball joints, etc was all dry rotted.

So i know that i'm going to have to spend a day and about $1000 on parts and a alignment.

I thought I read on here can't seem to find it in search, but what all is involved in upgrading to the newer style front end?

Is it just replacing my current upper and lowers (w/ stock replacements), shocks (2" taller for a leveling kit), Mopar-Steering-Linkage-Upgrade (and this upgrade kit)?

This is my work truck and I mostly tow generators with it. I also have never experienced the death wobble.

nick

If you don't have problems with current steering or don't plan on lifting it....no need for the upgrade it.

The Mopar upgraded steering is well worth the money. It's a definite improvement over the old design. It's built heavier and it eliminates bump steer. I put it on my stock suspension 07 a long time ago and noticed a difference.

IMO, I would not do the leveling kit. I have one for years and when it gets nice out again I'm gonna take it out.

I wouldn't screw with a leveling kit either... It'll more then likely screw that front end up. Or I dont understand if there is one on there right now?

Just go get it aligned and see if they see any problems. It's not worth to go through and start replacing parts that aren't bad. Just fix them as they go out.

Last edited:
I lost a little MPG's when i leveled mine a little over a year ago, but i love the stance of it now.

The Mopar upgraded steering is well worth the money. It's a definite improvement over the old design. It's built heavier and it eliminates bump steer. I put it on my stock suspension 07 a long time ago and noticed a difference.

IMO, I would not do the leveling kit. I have one for years and when it gets nice out again I'm gonna take it out.

eliminates bump steer! i'm in! currently has that 3" towing package factory rake. Thinking of going w/ a little different wheel/tire combo down the line. Also ordering a piece of steal to build a front and rear bumper.

Is there anything else I need to look at on these front ends? Replace the front sway bar rubbers while I have it all torn apart?

I can second that on getting that new upgraded steering linkages. I used to get death wobble quite a bit with the old style running a leveling kit. I have yet to see the wobble since the upgrade, definately worth the money!

Back