front wheel bearings

tater01

ok so iv got a problem i just replaced my front 2 hubs last year and there makin a noise again but when i put it on the lift theres no play. so can i replace just the one bearing thats bad or do i have to replace the hole hub ass.. i really dont want to relplace the hole thing there like 380.00.. so if any one could help me id really appriate it.. thanks

If no play in them, just remove the ABS sensor from the top (clean it first) and put some grease in there. See if it quits...

If you shop around you can get the bearings for under $200...

Yous sig says 2" leveling kit. What size tires you running? And you can put greese in the ABS port? Seriously?

305-75-16. and u no thats a good idea i havent thought of that. but ill try it tomarrow. thanks alot!!!

I remember our local NAPA expert telling me that they now carried service parts for the assembly, might be wrong though...PM time.

I remember our local NAPA expert telling me that they now carried service parts for the assembly, might be wrong though...PM time.

Not that I've seen, Billy.....I know there were some people that were pressing the assemblies apart to replace the bearings. As I recall though, few could get them back together right. (They made more noise than they did before they were taken apart)

About the only fix I know of is to replace the hub. Putting grease in the sensor hole doesn't make much sense to me either.

yeah grease in the sensor hole didnt work at all!!! do yall have any suggestions on where i could look for some a little chaper then $388.00?

I bought mine at a Standard Auto they mostly deal ACDelco and they been in this town the longest so the guys there are pretty smart. The guy I buy my parts form gave me a discount on them, got them for like $245 a piece. Both Timkin

I would only use the timkin ones.

The hub assembly is a strange creature they can get loose, squeek, growl, and make no noise at all then just fall apart.

There is no way to service them, although awhile back I seen a write up about a guy who drilled a hole in his and installed a grease zert. He said he had very good luck with it as of the last update on the whatever forum it was.

If you keep having problems with wheel bearings you may want to consider a free spin kit.

Not that I've seen, Billy.....I know there were some people that were pressing the assemblies apart to replace the bearings. As I recall though, few could get them back together right. (They made more noise than they did before they were taken apart)

About the only fix I know of is to replace the hub. Putting grease in the sensor hole doesn't make much sense to me either.

It's not very hard to disassemble bearing hub assembly .

My dump truck had good bearings but hub itself was damaged (thanks to accident)t and I also had good hub with bad bearings.

At first I pressed out hub from bad bearing unit, this way i had good view how they are assembled and wht type of special tools is needed.

Just good shop press and bearing separator is needed.

They use normal bearings and oil seal, my bearings was made by Timken

Most important is axle shaft correct torque (its bearing preload), if its too loose or too tight you will loos your bearings very quickly

I would only use the timkin ones.

The hub assembly is a strange creature they can get loose, squeek, growl, and make no noise at all then just fall apart.

There is no way to service them, although awhile back I seen a write up about a guy who drilled a hole in his and installed a grease zert. He said he had very good luck with it as of the last update on the whatever forum it was.

If you keep having problems with wheel bearings you may want to consider a free spin kit.

your talkin about the lockout hubs right?

Hub price

He is talking about the locking hubs kit they are a bit expensive to put it lightly.

Up here in NY we deal solely with one parts store who gives a good discount I can get the front hubs without ABS for $120 if I recall correctly and they carry the same warranty as the Timken products.

He is talking about the locking hubs kit they are a bit expensive to put it lightly.

Up here in NY we deal solely with one parts store who gives a good discount I can get the front hubs without ABS for $120 if I recall correctly and they carry the same warranty as the Timken products.

well tell me how i can get them ill bye them. ill just do away with the abs on the front!!!!!!

Back