FS: 2002 VW TDI GOLF - Silver 4dr. 5spd.

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
'02 VW TDI GOLF - SILVER
4 Door
5Sp.
2nd Owner (I've owned for 4+ years)
101k Orig. Miles
Interior & Exterior in great shape.
Complete Service at 83k miles (Timing belt, Serp. Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, all Pulleys, etc.)
EGR deleted and Intake cleaned.
BRAND NEW Brakes all the way around less than 1k miles ago. (OEM rotors and pads on all 4 corners)
Brand AC compressor, Condensor, etc. at around 1500 miles ago.)
Tinted Windows (20% all around with %40 on the whole windshield.)
Tires are decent. Proably 40% life left.
Small dent on the drivers side rear fender. Not very noticeble.

All work has been done by a good friend that works for a local VW dealer here.. He's done all my oil changes, fuel filter changes, AC, brakes, etc.... Timing belt and everything was done by Billygoat from CompD!! *Thanks Billy!!

Only things wrong are as follows:
The CEL has been on since I bought it for a Coolant Temp sensor that is evidently bad, even though it reads the temp perfectly... Billysgoat can vouch.. I've just never bothered to spend money and change it.
Also: Every once in a while it will go into limp mode ( cuts power to about half but still drives fine ) but all you have to do is push in the clutch, cut it off, *Rekey it and crank it, and it continues to drive totally normal for miles and miles... I've researched and evidently it could be the n75 valve, vains in the vgt turbo needing cleaned, or a vacum line leak.. I've never devoted time to finding out which cause it doesn't do it much and it's so easy to just cut off and back on and go on my way.
That's it for anything wrong.

I Really Really hate to have to sell it but I just can't afford to keep it if I'm going to keep this modded 07 CTD I bought. *One or the other have to go.

I did some reseach and these are HARD to find around here and in this good of shape with low miles.

$8700.00

I can get some close ups and Interior pics later....

809a6411.jpg

82367dbf.jpg

16f360cf.jpg

1aa9ec9e.jpg

Last edited:
bump for a good deal!

Dave, my truck and the girls golf are both blue... kinda like your (old) truck and golf. heh.

I'm possibly interested David for my fiance, does it need ANYTHING besides tires in the near future? Noted engine stuff above aside

I'm possibly interested David for my fiance, does it need ANYTHING besides tires in the near future? Noted engine stuff above aside

Not at all!!

The brakes, AC, and Timing Belt service is ALL done for a long while.
The clutch still feels great and doesn't slip or anything.
It even has a fairly new battery that I bought a little over a year ago that should still be in great shape.

Tires will last a good while longer... Only thing is they roar a little bit...
They came of the 5 star wheels I bought for it..It used to have steel wheels with hub caps... These look a lot better.

Get that wierd random Limp mode issue taken care of and this thing will rock for another 300,000 miles or so I'm sure...

Damn I hate to sell it....

Not at all!!

The brakes, AC, and Timing Belt service is ALL done for a long while.
The clutch still feels great and doesn't slip or anything.
It even has a fairly new battery that I bought a little over a year ago that should still be in great shape.

Tires will last a good while longer... Only thing is they roar a little bit...
They came of the 5 star wheels I bought for it..It used to have steel wheels with hub caps... These look a lot better.

Get that wierd random Limp mode issue taken care of and this thing will rock for another 300,000 miles or so I'm sure...

Damn I hate to sell it....

I'm not really in the best spot to buy it, but that's too good a deal to pass up and its exactly what she wants. What kinda mileage has it been getting?

I will call my credit union in the morning.

I'm not really in the best spot to buy it, but that's too good a deal to pass up and its exactly what she wants. What kinda mileage has it been getting?

I will call my credit union in the morning.

Well if I drive most all hwy. miles it's never got less than 42-44 mpg...But I've gotten close to 50 several times by driving a little more sanely ...lol

It holds 14.5 gals... During one trip where I did some coasting and drafting, I got 668 miles on ONE TANK!!! That was cool. Still had a few miles in it but didn't want to chance it.

Last edited:
Well if I drive most all hwy. miles it's never got less than 42-44 mpg...But I've gotten close to 50 several times by driving a little more sanely ...lol

It holds 14.5 gals... During one trip where I did some coasting and drafting, I got 668 miles on ONE TANK!!! That was cool. Still had a few miles in it but didn't want to chance it.

MUCH better than her S10 Blazer getting 19mpg right now....and that was after using Amsoil to bump up the mileage! LOL

Oh dear... Something else I want. Swole, need a fourhweeler?! Lol GLWS man.

These are awesome little cars. I have a 01 with 270,000 on it. Just drove from MPLS to Chicago and back and got 53mpg doing 80.

If anyone is on the fence about buying on of these cars whether is Davids or not buy it. They are truly a great car

Just my 2 cents

GLWS

Back