fu!!ing truck

billywj

Ok so I just got done with my motor everything great. Then today driving down
The highway It starts running like crap real rough. Pull the codes and and got a
Misfire on #6. Do you guys think just a injector or something worse

Switch it for one in another cylinder and see if it follows the injector. If it does thats easy, if not you may be f'ed.

The highway It starts running like crap real rough. Pull the codes and and got a

Just been through this on #4 injector. Like mentioned, swap it and see if the problem moves. I bet you have a injector problem.

Tobin

i am hopin so it doesn't have any blow bye so i dont think its the motor but who knows maybe time for a 6.7

i had that code one time it was one of the nuts comming loose on injector wire. for whatever reason it came loose tightened up and fixed the problem.

I pulled the injector out and #6 was full of diesel so i'm going to run the injector
over to industrial tomorrow and have it tested and get a new one

The injectors have a 107000 miles on them should i replace the tips in all??

I pulled the injector out and #6 was full of diesel so i'm going to run the injector
over to industrial tomorrow and have it tested and get a new one

The injectors have a 107000 miles on them should i replace the tips in all??

industrial can check them pretty quick, with 107k they will want you to replace all six, but you can always do them one at a time if cost is a factor they might be able ti fix the bad one for cheap.:Cheer:

Your lucky you didn't hydrolock the engine and snap the crank in half!! Just replace them all and put a 2 micron filter pre CP-3 pump!! Just for info the tips don't go bad the bodies wear out and return to much fuel.

Got a new injector today. Going to get it put in tomorrow. Whats the odds of me blowing a head gasket and that being the reason for the truck running so messed????

I got twins running about 55-60 pounds of boost with stock head gasket and studs

Thanks for all the help guys

Yeah 60 psi your begging to blow the head gasket! Did you retorque the stock bolts at least?? just send me the twins i'll send you my stocker that will save you a headache!!

Got a new injector today. Going to get it put in tomorrow. Whats the odds of me blowing a head gasket and that being the reason for the truck running so messed????

I got twins running about 55-60 pounds of boost with stock head gasket and studs

Thanks for all the help guys

55 to 60# is pushing it on stock head bolts. Are you losing any coolant? How does the oil look?

Ran 60 psi all day every day for 100k with an A5k...never an issue...it is and injector...not a gasket.

Well how nice for you. I agree it's an injector problem, but from my experience I still think 60# is pushing it.

Well i didnt let the truck run very long after it started acting up so i dont no if its losing coolant or oil anywhere

Im not using stock head bolts I have head studs

Well not a injector problem...head gasket and or the number six hole again

Back