Fuel cells

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Anyone made one to fit between the frame rails on a full size truck behind the axle?
About the largest I'm seeing online are 20 gallon. Under 300 bucks with a sending unit isn't bad but I'd like more capacity than that.
My plan is to mount under the bed floor with a flush filler neck in the floor.
If anyone has done something similar I'd love to see pics.

0415111352.jpg

0415111351.jpg

0415111351a.jpg

I've got this don this way on my short bed. IMO find a better way. It suck having to drop the tail gate, leaning all the way over in the bed, and filling. I am going to re-design my cell and add a filler neck so I can run it up behind the tail light. Swing the tail light out to the side and fill up...like a tri five chevy.

I went with this:
555-15346.jpg

I also cut the stock fuel door and surrounding metal off of an F250 bedside to blend into the bed floor....I think it'll look pretty cool when it's done.

Last edited:
How does it look? Im still up in the air on getting a fuel cell for the 77 Powerwagon or just get a bolt on sump for the tank. Getting a fuel cell would only be 50-75 bucks more then going with a sump. Only thing that worries me is will an aluminum cell take the vibrations of a street/drag truck with stiff suspention.

On my 72chevy I use a tank out of a suburban 32gal got it for 25.00

dale

i am curious to know why you dont get a excursion fuel cell? they are 44 gal and already built for ford chassis i am sure the rear x-member for the spare would have to be modified but deffinately doable.. please educate me if some else sees why it can't/shouldnt be done?

That would work with a little modifying.

Dale I did the same thing in my 68 when I had it.

Im trying to find a fuel cell or something as well to fit between the frame rails and behind the rear axle, that Jeepspeed one would be perfect if it had a sump of some sort so it didn't need a draw straw to pull the fuel from.

No pics but a buddy of mine built one out of 1/8 aluminum with sump and bracket for lift pump. Aluminum isn't cheap but light and looks good.

I second the excursion fuel tank. its made for behind the rear wheels, it has a filler neck you can add to your bed side so no fill thru floor bed, and its plastic so no rust / corrosion..and its big.

This one sits flush with my bed floor, cut a 6" hole in it and lined the hole with rubber edge molding, works pretty good. The fuell cell itself is a 16gal, no sending unit, cheapest one they had on summit. Could fit wider definately but I put my lift pump back there. All in all i'm happy with it.

59a2fa31.jpg

fcdbe487.jpg

57794a0f.jpg

9e3c9652.jpg

4fad9a9e.jpg

4b3f23fd.jpg

4b9a57c7.jpg

2382df74.jpg

Last edited:
Back