Fuel in crank case. new VP44

01 HO

Noticed oil pressure down to 30psi at idle the other day. checked oil was very high smelled like straight fuel. changed from HO to So VP44 changed oil on monday. tues driving home something didnt seem right. che ked oil again looked a lil high, checked oil today level was higher than yesterday. everytime I start to accelerate it sounds strange like has way to much timing or knocking almost like something is coming apart not sure which? trucks idles fine has no lack of power. injection lines were loose tightened them noticed after driving to work there was still fuel layin on top of intake just below all 6 injection lines. Any idea as to where the fuel is getting into crank case from? all mods are listed in sig.

Are injector hold downs tight? I had a crazy issue once where i forgot to to tighten them, but the issue I ran into was compression from the motor would pressurize my fuel tank via the return lines and blow fuel out of the filler neck.

The knocking sound tells me you need to pull your injectors and have them checked. If you had a pump die on you its a good chance that debris from the pump made its way to the injectors. Your injectors are most likely hanging open.

I would double check to see if your hold downs are seated correctly. If you have tightened your lines and then had fuel there again. I would also think improper cross over tube seat would cause fuel to get into the oil.

ok will be checking all of this as soon as I get the truck home tonight. With gaining that much fuel in the oil could the knocking be coming from crank rotating assembly? just trying to expect best, and prepare for worst. planned on taking injectors to cummins bridgeway to have pop tested. that should show some result of a messed up injector correct?

Had a couple that the mating surface on the injector where the connector tube goes was nicked and not sealing. Was dumping 2qts of fuel in the oil every couple hundred miles.

It's most likely the tubes. If you reused them they probably just didn't want to seal another go round.

Put dye in the fuel pulled valve cover dye was coming from #3 #4. inj clamp bolt was loose on #4. #3 failed pop test terribly bridgeway cummmins said probably broken spring. Going to attempt to make it to an inj shop tomorow to see if it can be repaired. noticed something when inj were pulled there are 8 hole nozzles. has any one ever heard of a 24v 125 hp inj with an 8 hole nozzle??? sounds like it may be bigger inj than what we thought it was. have had egt issues with the truck easily can hit 1600* egt 5th 6th wot pull.

Edge (jammer) and ddp injectors had 8 hole nozzles

turn the comp down while towing or bump boost up..

Put dye in the fuel pulled valve cover dye was coming from #3 #4. inj clamp bolt was loose on #4. #3 failed pop test terribly bridgeway cummmins said probably broken spring. Going to attempt to make it to an inj shop tomorow to see if it can be repaired. noticed something when inj were pulled there are 8 hole nozzles. has any one ever heard of a 24v 125 hp inj with an 8 hole nozzle??? sounds like it may be bigger inj than what we thought it was. have had egt issues with the truck easily can hit 1600* egt 5th 6th wot pull.

IF the nozzle is bad on that injector, then you probably found the cause of the knock.

couldnt find anyone open to look at them today. So I'll have to wait till monday. I was kinda wondering if it could be an edge jammer.

turn the comp down while towing or bump boost up..[/QUOTE]
nvr tow above 3x3, and alway pay attention to egt nvr let it get over 1200

Had a couple that the mating surface on the injector where the connector tube goes was nicked and not sealing. Was dumping 2qts of fuel in the oil every couple hundred miles.

Don't the tubes sit in the bore for return fuel in the head?

Back