fuel in oil

Cummins016spd

Justin
ok i really dont like to post without searching and im pretty sure i have seen a thread about this before, but when i try to search it keeps telling me web page cannot be displayed at this time...anyways i got a 2004 with fuel in the oil, ford house said it had cracked heads but this same ford house has tried to screw us over before, i work for a construction company and we have about 400 fords 2000-2012. im wondering if cracked heads would cause diesel in the oil or if a injector would. i put die in the fuel filter housing, drained oil and turned key on for 10 minutes like it said, tested one head at a time like it says but not getting anything coming from oil pan, just looking for a quick answer as to what it could be, i pulled the valve covers and im guessin the ford house already put die in it becuase everything glows when looking with a UV light, any help would be great sorry about the long post. thanks

They were all replaced about 2 months ago we use Alliant power I think is the brand, I just pulled all 8 and gonna replace them with ford injectors and see what that does, but by the looks all the o rings look fine, thanks

I do know that a crack head will put fuel in your coolant.. To be in your oil it's has to be going past the rings.. (bad injector) ?

Let us know what you find.

Thanks!

Ok I will, yeah I've came across coolant in oil, oil in coolant and fuel in coolant but this is my first with fuel in oil

fuel........

How much fuel are you talking about? Extended idle will put some fuel in oil. Run like crap cold after start-up?

I have seen it before it is either gonna be a bad injector or a cut o ring when the injectors were installed but you said you pulled them so I would say you have a leaking seat inside the injector. You will have to have them tested to find which one though.

Check the tips on the injectors for cracks. I've seen a couple PSD's that had cracked injector tips and ended up washing the cylinders out. The fuel got past the piston rings and caused the dilution.

Back